The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some 2010 Russia shots M9

mwalker

Subscriber Member
A couple of more..lightly processes with curves...Russian Photo exhibit in may, june 2011. all pics made with 35. 50 Lux.

Terry

Hi Mike - looking good. From the first set the second last shots are my favorite. On the second, I like the cat snuggled up next to the woman on the bench - it adds a time dimension to the photo for me - like she sits there often and not just for a fleeting few seconds.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Thanks Terry and guys, I have to go further and further into rural Russia to find "old Russia" its changing.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
One more :) I've got to cull about 2000 more, unprocessed, available light, 35 lux

Last edited:

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Great pictures !
'Lady At Zelynka' is my favorite.
She moved from the ukraine with her husband to live close to their daughter. Soon after the move her daughter died and then the husband. My interpreter said she told him that she sits on that bench in front of her home and cries because she has no one to talk too....very sad. I told her I would dedicate the picture to her daughter and husband at the exhibit. Tatyonna Nikolaevna and Nikolay Fedorovich.

Last edited:

MoJo

Registred Users
These are just all outstanding! Better than 99.9% of the leica photos I usually see online.
Perfect colors, subjects, composition.