The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Elmarit-M 90/2.8 Pricing

tom in mpls

Prices seem to be low around $800 up to about 1000 for the last version with pull out hood. Put up a WTB ad; they're around.

fotografz

Depends on whether it is coded or not. Even though coding doesn't add anything to IQ with this lens, it is desirable because it delivers the exif info when used on a M9. I'd speculate that a coded version would fetch a premium, and retain more value later.

I paid $800. for the last version in E+ shape without coding ... which I thought a tad high, but worth it because it focused perfectly on both my M9s and needed no pesky adjustment. Since it is the only un-coded M lens I own, I know which lens it is in LR.

Great lens BTW :thumbs:

-Marc

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I paid 699 Euro with a reputable dealer (Meister). The lens was described a B+, but was, in reality, near-mint. There turned out to be a technical problem with the lens (which I did not notice, but Leica CS did when I had it coded) and I ended up with a completely overhauled as-new lens coded free of charge...:angel::salute:
A good case to buy at an A-grade dealer.

thrice

A horribly immoral plug for my own optically mint, cosmetically a very conservative mint- chrome copy of the latest 90mm Elmarit-M. A minimum "best offer" on the listing is $1k, this is also on the Buy & Sell board with a link to the auction (was unsuccessful trying to sell it here beforehand). Mods feel free to delete and slap me on the wrist for posting this here, but my desire for a 75 APO makes me do crazy things.

ramosa

interesting thread. even though it's somewhat dated, it helps me get a picture of the price. is this $800-$1,000 still a reasonable range for a recent elmarit 90mm, excellent condition with 6-bit coding?

i have been monitoring on ebay and a few other sites, but any input would be appreciated.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
interesting thread. even though it's somewhat dated, it helps me get a picture of the price. is this $800-$1,000 still a reasonable range for a recent elmarit 90mm, excellent condition with 6-bit coding?

i have been monitoring on ebay and a few other sites, but any input would be appreciated.
At these prices this lens is a true bargain. Its performance and character are similar the 90 cron, just one stop less. For me the compact size gives it the edge over the cron. It's my standard long end for my three lens kit. It's a very handy focal length for stitches.

ramosa

woody:

yes, as i ponder 90s, i try to keep in mind "size." it is size, after all, that brought me from the slr world to the rf world. and i think i can survive without 2.0 on this lens, as my three-lens kit would have a 1.4 in it.

I eventually purchased a perfectly mint copy with 6-bit for $1000. I agree with all the posts here - the lens is a true bargain and shoots wonderfully.

Brian S

I did not realize prices were this high. Thankyou M9.

Very nice lens, got mine with a CL and a 40 Summicron several years ago. Not coded, but still quite nice.

kuau

Workshop Member
How does the late copy elmarit compare with the "newer" summarit
I am also in the market for a 90

ramosa

kuau: you may want to check sean reid's website. it is worth the yearly fee (IMHO), and he comments specifically on these two lenses in his review of the summarit 90mm.

like many others (i suspect), i wish leica would bring back the elmarit 90. (it was curtailed during the previous--and tumultuous--period in leica leadership.)