The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leica 75mm Summarit coming from Leica

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looks like i have a another test to run the Leica summarit 75mm Vs the famed 75 mm Lux. This should be interesting. Leica sent it today so have it Wednesday

I hope everyone enjoyed and gained value from my slightly unusual way of testing lenses from the other Summarits.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I'm really looking forward to this one. I have the lux and it is a wonderful lens, but I rarely use it except when I am going to shoot portraits. It is so heavy that I put the 90 cron in my bag instead of the lux. I may consider picking up the 75mm summarit.

Guy Mancuso

I should have this today so i can start a test on it and just recovered my wife's diamond earring from the drain feeling pretty good now. Plumber tour de force. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Damn it comes tomorrow . Wednesday the 5th. Now i have to sit and wait for it on my BD, maybe leica will just give it to me as a present. NOT:D

Guy Mancuso

Ah crap , this is going to hurt bad. Check this out against the 75 lux . Now we are talking small here. this is a huge difference in size

I shot these at ISO 640 the whole lot. i have one that may make you run to the store FAST

Guy Mancuso

Just some quickies and shot at ISO 640 the first two at 56 than the one of my daughter i had 1 second to shoot this but got a 2.5 shot off. This is scary nice bokeh

Guy Mancuso

There is that ugly light again. Held the highlights pretty darn nice too. The big question is how will it hold up to the big gun the 75mm Lux, as far as size and weight. A clear winner

Guy Mancuso

Okay have to share . Almost had a disaster. I was walking out the back door with the 2 75mm in one hand and the M8 and the 50 lux to shoot the size comparision and of course my strap was hanging down and my English Pointer Drake decided he was going where Dad was going. Drake fortunetly is a tall dog because otherwise when the damn strap went around his neck and he bolted out the door with MY M8 and 50 lux straped around his bloody neck it luckily never hit the ground and being a good boy he stopped dead in his tracks as i let out the shriek of horror the word STOP . All is well and my heart is back in place.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wow, looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the size too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy Mancuso

Jack I am banning you from looking at this thread . Your wife called me and said no way do not show him:ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I already told her how much I'd be saving by buying this and selling the 75 Lux :ROTFL:

Terry

There is that ugly light again. Held the highlights pretty darn nice too. The big question is how will it hold up to the big gun the 75mm Lux, as far as size and weight. A clear winner
Note to self......when dreaming of a 75 lux refer back to pictures of the beast (it is huge!) :rolleyes:

Do you know how either the Summarit or the Lux compares size wise to a 75 'cron?