The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Landscapes of the Pac NW Palouse area

ampguy

Thanks Osman,

That vertical does have interesting lines. I appreciate your feedback.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm not editing enough, but then again, I would hate to eliminate a photo that someone else finds very nice!! :cool:

Good job, Ted. I liked #17 best.
Osman

otumay

Ted, I've found that I need not throw much away until I feel ready to focus (on a subject, on inner self?). It does bring extra work, but I think the rewards justify it. I suddenly see the shots that lead me somewhere among a multitude of similar ones. So your way of posting is very familiar to me, as is your minimalist approach.

ampguy

Thanks Otomay, Don, and Esy - no polarizer or filter of any kind, I used to carry polarizers and warming filters back in the day, but now I like traveling light. I got lucky with the clouds and lighting, often it's much harsher light most of the day.

An online friend is using this image below as his computer desktop wallpaper, and I've got some print orders in for an 11x14 and 8x10s.

ampguy

Thanks Matt and all. I really appreciate the feedback. It is great to look at these summer photos now, as we are about to possibly get our first snow in the area this week, or next week, so these scenes won't be available for another 7 or 8 months. Thanks!

Ted: Just discovered this thread. Excellent images of a beautiful area of WA. I think #25 is my favorite. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com