The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 Abstracts...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here is a sort-of abstract. Already posted in the Puerto Rico workshop thread, but reposted here in case you have not visited over there. (Lots of great M8 images in that thread BTW). This is a hand-held long exposure M8 shot of a belly-dancer taken during one of our evening meals. Details are 28 Cron wide open, ISO 640, 0.7 sec shutter speed. Admittedly, I get about one for three held still enough at those speeds to generate what I consider a usable image, but I happen to like effect of a reasonably sharp background with blurred subjects showing action:

jonoslack

Hi Terry
Oh the anguish.
I really couldn't decide whether to cut a nice neat bite in the apple, or take a rough one - so it was the rough one (always pander to one's lazy side!). Especially after having to visit 43 greengrocer's shops before I could find an apple this small ;)

Thanks Jack - I love the belly dancer . . . but I think I liked the lap dance one better.

Mike - what smart shoes you have :ROTFL:

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Rain

Interesting, the wide interpretation in this group of "abstract" I like that, academic rigour stifles creativity

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Agreed! Love African nights, though I really like purple hands too!!!