The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cheers for Leica Service USA!

After all of the reviews I've read about Leica Service in NJ, I think I owe them a positive one.

My second hand M8 developed a vertical red line. I was completely honest with them, letting them know I was not the original owner, and sent along several images for their review with my camera.

They promised to have it back to me by Sept 29, but it arrived today - 16 days early! They fixed the line, checked the meeting, and cleaned and inspected the camera, giving me a written record that it's within spec. All with no charge!

I'm very pleased with this interaction.

Regards,
Reed

ohnchoe

Reed, did you speak to anyone in particular at leica NJ? I've unfortunately discovered the same problem on my m8.2, also purchased secondhand...

Terry

I thought the vertical line is a very easy fix coming from a dead pixel and Leica just needs to remap the pixels.