The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 flaring?

J

jifjif

Is it me or it flares?

I have tested against MP, M8, M6 with M9 but it seems to be closer to M6. I thought I was going crazy so I gave it to my friend to test it out and he says the same thing.

Anyone else think this?

thrice

It should be identical to your M8, since the magnification is more or less the same, and I doubt they've changed the mechanism much.

FWIW my M6 flared MUCH more than my M9. The only one that is immune to flare is the M3.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
You're riding different forums ;) Against the M6 classic it flares less, against the M6 TTL far less. I suspect you have grease on your viewfinder windows. Easy enough to do.

J

jifjif

You're riding different forums ;) Against the M6 classic it flares less, against the M6 TTL far less. I suspect you have grease on your viewfinder windows. Easy enough to do.
Thats what I thought. I checked and double checked. I first thought it was my magnifier but it doesn't appear to be.

Against M8 and MP it seems to flare a lot more.