The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica X1 has new competition

57guy

I looked at some of the Companies that offering pre-orders and they wanted 100 bucks. You can get Amazon (when they start taking orders) for nothing.
Glenn

paparazzi666

This is not a Leica camera but surely the camera is aimed at "Leicaisque" photographers. This should give the X1 some serious competition.

This is the new camera released by Fuji. It is a 35mm f/2 fixed focal length cam with all the other Fuji goodies. Check out the link http://www.finepix-x100.com/

Svenjosh
Why didnt someone make this camera in the first place?

My initial thoughts were...WOW

I was relishing the leica x1 and eagerly read reviews after reviews and my conclusion was that the x1 did not meet my wishlist mainly because

- it had a slow f2.8 lens
- it did not have a good viewfinder, after having used an olympus vf2
- the performance especially the focus was not getting good reviews
- it is expensive
- the results compared to m43 like olympus ep2 was not worth paying the difference

Now this fuji x100 is announced, it seems the Fuji researchers have done a good job. They seem to have got this right.

However, please Fuji,

- Make the shutter SILENT.
- Also please make auto ISO work like the ep2 and not like canon 5D.
- Please have spot metering AE lock and AF lock in one half press of the shutter button.
- Please make AF really fast, we dont need 99 AF points, just one great AF point will do.
- Please make IS built in or else make high ISO of 6400 really clean and detailed.
- Could we have one in black, or gun metal grey?

my wishlist appears to be answered.

- the viewfinder is on the top left of the camera, finally my nose is not going to soil the screen behind.
- the viewfinder can be switched from optical to electronic, how cool is that
- the controls seem like what we need, lots of direct dials instead of menus.
- fast f2 lens
- 35mm focal length, the most versatile length
- very close focus ability
- pro build quality (maybe even water/dust resistant?)
- built in ND filters, smart
- it looks retro, it looks like a real camera

I want one badly, but please dont price it like a leica x1.

57guy

I still have not read anything about the AEB of the Fuji X100. Does anyone know how many exposures it does in Bracketing?
I just purchased the Nikon P7000 because the specs said it has 5 shot AEB. When I received it, I was disappointed to to discover the AEB will not work with the remote or time delay. If I didn't live in the Bahamas where its hard to ships stuff, I would send it back.
Thanks
Glenn

T

todd.hanz

one month to go till release, I've read all the comments here... some familiar faces. This is what a lot of us always wanted from the initial release of the M8, a fixed lens digi rangefinder-like camera. I really can't wait, it'll be pretty cool and convenient... even for a die hard Tri-X user like myself ;)

Todd