Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Leica M9 Titanium

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica M9 Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Ti won't rust
    But will it brass?!? sorry, I couldn't resist...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

For me the M9T is a design masterpiece. The simplicity itself is a testament to Leica quality -- I'd love to be able to just heft the camera let alone take it out and shoot with it.

There's nothing wrong with having the balls to pull off something like this successfully. Which Leica has done again.

It feels good to have something like an M9T to aspire to, sensible or not.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I suspect a lot of Leica guys are watch guys too. A while back I bought myself a Panerai in Tantalum (relatively close on the periodic table to Unobtainium). The watch sells at a substantial premium to the same one in a less difficult metal to work with. Panerai made this watch just to show they could and I suspect Leica might have had a similar mindset. Now if Leica would only make a Tantalum M9 to match my watch

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well I, for one, agree with many posters who don't understand why this is a big deal. Much more money for Leica from a low volume of sales and hopefully this money will, in part at least, underwrite more R&D for working products for the rest of us.

I think there are some really good ideas and features embedded in the M9T and my hope is that this trickles down quickly to a new M9X or M10 or whatever. The M series is not dead by any stretch but there are many needs to bring it into the 21st century.

So go Leica. But whatever you do, be able to ship in a reasonable period of time. Us S guys really want our 120 Macro lenses etc.

Woody