The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Meet the Newest X!

D&A

Yes Terry, good points! I think where it has been disappointing for some (many?) is that eventually, after a few weeks or a couple of months, anyone can walk into a large Nikon dealer and purchase most any current production Nikon lens (or body). Yes, there have been exceptions, but even that generally quickly changes. With Leica (and I realize their production capacity is but a fraction of the big guys)...their M9's and most lenses have been in such short supplies for months on end (up until recently for the M9), that some items are nowheres to be found for the "average" customer who just wants to pick up the phone or walk into their Leica dealer and purchase said item.

Guess a balance has to be struck about increasing personal and production lines and being careful about not overextending, especially with the fragile economy. When you look at your list of what they have introduced since last Photokina...I have to say it's quite impressive for the size company they are.

Dave (D&A)