The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Leica M9 Neiman Marcus Edition

David K

Workshop Member
Well, the backlog is over, we have plenty of M9s in stock now. So I guess the screwin' around is completed. ;)
So I've heard from other dealers as well. Maybe now they can get started filling backorders for S2 lenses. Nice problem to have...

jonoslack

P.S. I'm glad the folks at Leica didn't waste their development budget on an R10. This is SO MUCH better!!! :wtf:
You think they've been using development budget on this? Surely it's just marketing budget (with a handsome return)

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
What's the deal on Leica R? Haven't they abandoned it permanently?

I personally would have thought a digital R was a lot more plausible than a digital M, given the lower technical barriers.

jonoslack

What's the deal on Leica R? Haven't they abandoned it permanently?

I personally would have thought a digital R was a lot more plausible than a digital M, given the lower technical barriers.
I'm sure . . . but the competition would be a little different! I think the problem was that they could never compete with Nikon and Canon with respect to autofocus etc.

V

Vivek

Your gift can be personally delivered by a Leica photography expert and include a private training and orientation session.
Considering that yes, it is marked up. Had the price tag included a personal Leica photography expert taking photos of you on demand for a certain time...

However, I like the wording, "Leica photography" expert. ;)

etrigan63

This is an opportunity for all of us to get part time jobs at NM. They can pay me with a standard, black M9 with the LED illuminators.

barjohn

I think that is what it says on my Neiman Marcus credit card. "Neiman Marcus is your friend" Spend your money here.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I would not throw it out either if it showed up at Christmas.
Unfortunately I would have seen the credit card charge long before then LOL
Enough to take some of the joy awat.
-bob

bradhusick

The price will be $17,500.00 (including a Summicron-M 35mm f2.0 ASPH lens, ostrich leather strap, a personal letter from Leica CEO Alfred Schopf and a private training and orientation session).

Last edited:
At least we can get a real chrome one now. And I suppose for a reasonable upgrade fee, Leica will peel off that poor old ostrich's skin & recover with normal M9 finish.

Kirk

Lars

Looks like Leica milking the market before the real chrome edition is introduced next year (my speculation, not a rumor).

Man, that's a beauty.