Site Sponsors

Thread: Leica History at overgaard.dk greatly updated

Post Thanks / Like

Leica History at overgaard.dk greatly updated

I've been updating my Leica History page 1 and 2 quite a bit lately with images of the new products, new CEO, the story of the 1600mm Telyt made for the Al-Thani ... and more.

http://www.overgaard.dk/leica_history.html

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leica History at overgaard.dk greatly updated

Oh wow, I will be reading this right away. Thanks, Thorsten, as usual for your amazing site and contributions. Are you still using the Digilux 2, by the way? I enjoyed your Digilux -2 video interview the other day, and came across a used one here in Seattle...made me thing I should thing about getting one...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Oh wow, I will be reading this right away. Thanks, Thorsten, as usual for your amazing site and contributions. Are you still using the Digilux 2, by the way? I enjoyed your Digilux -2 video interview the other day, and came across a used one here in Seattle...made me thing I should thing about getting one...
    Thanks. I still use the Digilux 2 from time to time for it's fast workflow and ease of certain results. Especially when I have to shoot interiors I find the 28mm f/2.0 very handy and one can use the camera is quite dark places without having to use a tripod (which speed up interior shots when it's a larger building).

But I must admit the Leica M9 is a much more fun too. Not as easy to get results with, but it tend to be the tool of choice.

My 14-year son just lended one of the Digilux 2 today to "cover a birthday" so it will be interesting to see what happens next ...

Post Thanks / Like

There was a digilux-2 posted down here in San Fran today for $1000 on craigslist. If you're interested in picking one up.