Site Sponsors

Thread: Leitax

Post Thanks / Like

Question Leitax

Hey,

Over the course of the last year, I have had a Leitax mount for my 80 Lux.

I have tried (twice now) to mount a focus confirmation chip to the mount and failed. The first chip must have been dead as the Canon did not see it in any way whatsoever.

I have mounted/dismounted/remounted both chips, I tossed the first one. The second chip I just removed and cleaned the mount. At least the camera saw this chip but it thought that the contacts were dirty.

I suspect that I have somehow misaligned or just missed mounting the chip accurately.

It's a shame, I have not used this lens for anything important because I just don't want to risk it. But the lens is far superior to my 85L in many regards IMHO.

Any ideas?

Should I buy the chip that Leitax sells and go for strike three?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leitax

I have converted the Leica 80/1.4 to Sony with Leitax and chip from James Lao (the one recommended by Leitax) with no problem (although the chip was mainly used for image stabilization, not focus confirm). Before that, I have also used that lens on Canon with a focus confirm adapter with no problem. I have converted 5 Leica R lenses to Sony with Leitax and the Lao chip.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have four Leitax converted lenses with the Lao chips and have had no problems as well. I would recommend you go with the Lao chips. If it doesn't work at that point, it may be a problem with the mount misaligning the chip, or it could be a problem with the camera contacts.

Good luck...

---Michael
    a7r, a7rII, FE 16-35, FE 24-70GM, FE 70-200, Loxia 21mm, 35mm, 50mm

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies,
    Do you have a link for James Lao?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images