The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leitax

Giorgio

Hey,

Over the course of the last year, I have had a Leitax mount for my 80 Lux.

I have tried (twice now) to mount a focus confirmation chip to the mount and failed. The first chip must have been dead as the Canon did not see it in any way whatsoever.

I have mounted/dismounted/remounted both chips, I tossed the first one. The second chip I just removed and cleaned the mount. At least the camera saw this chip but it thought that the contacts were dirty.

I suspect that I have somehow misaligned or just missed mounting the chip accurately.

It's a shame, I have not used this lens for anything important because I just don't want to risk it. But the lens is far superior to my 85L in many regards IMHO.

Any ideas?

Should I buy the chip that Leitax sells and go for strike three?

apsheng

I have converted the Leica 80/1.4 to Sony with Leitax and chip from James Lao (the one recommended by Leitax) with no problem (although the chip was mainly used for image stabilization, not focus confirm). Before that, I have also used that lens on Canon with a focus confirm adapter with no problem. I have converted 5 Leica R lenses to Sony with Leitax and the Lao chip.

Alan

mjm6

I have four Leitax converted lenses with the Lao chips and have had no problems as well. I would recommend you go with the Lao chips. If it doesn't work at that point, it may be a problem with the mount misaligning the chip, or it could be a problem with the camera contacts.

Good luck...

---Michael