The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica X1 vs GXR A12

sagar

Okay I was about to get GXR A12 with 50mm module and then have a chance of buying X1 w/o LR for ~1200. Now that price is really tempting partially due to idea of owning a Leica;)

I read couple reviews here and there, so aware of general drawbacks (but will know the gravity only when I try one) but do you think X1 is worth with all its drawback for $1200?

T

tokengirl

Up until Fuji announced the X100, I would have found it almost impossible to pass up that deal. Now I am not so sure.

That is an exceptional price for an X1. I have no idea whether or not it will be the best camera for you. However, at that price there would be little to no risk in giving it a try. If you find it doesn't suit you, you should be able to sell it and recover your initial cost with no problem.

The X1 has its weaknesses (e.g., slow autofocus, fixed focal length, etc.) which are well documented on the various forums. But, and this is a big but, the image quality is excellent. It is really amazing to see such good image quality coming out of a camera as small as the X1.