The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 25mm ZM

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Stuart - the Empire is in Chelsea.
I like the shots you have inside the Relish, great atmosphere! And nice story about Slick.

cjl

From the IR photo posted it looks like there's no hot spot on the Zeiss 25mm. Could I ask what f stop was used?

gero

Charles, I am confused about microcontrast. Would you say your 25 has high microcontrast?

I sometimes see an image detail as "hollow" and I don't see it in the leica 24/2.8. I don't know if this is caused by micro-macro contrast interplay. Maybe Jack would know about this.

cmb_

Charles, I am confused about microcontrast. Would you say your 25 has high microcontrast?

I sometimes see an image detail as "hollow" and I don't see it in the leica 24/2.8. I don't know if this is caused by micro-macro contrast interplay. Maybe Jack would know about this.

Gero - Jack certainly knows! Check out this link and look at the info provided by Jack and Doug Herr.
http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=006YLu

gero

I have seen it and still have doughts eventhough I lerned a lot. I just have to see more examples of things that I have experienced.

if there is macro & micro is there mid-mocro or micro-micro or micro-micro-micro?

Last edited:

cmb_

From the IR photo posted it looks like there's no hot spot on the Zeiss 25mm. Could I ask what f stop was used?
I believe there is no hot spot as well but in my excitement I forgot to test this accurately. I will do that. The f stop was either 5.6 or 8.