The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tel-Elmar 135 and the M8?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Tele-Elmar 135'4 and the M8?

I know some people are using them on the M8. I got one last night just because they seem so cheap and the optical quality seems very hight. I know Puts compares them to the Zeiss 135/4 Planar which was wonderful lens on my Conterex system.

I assume it'll bring up the 90mm frame lines. I'm not planing on coding it but will stick a cut filter on it but most likely just a B+W.

Anyone playing with the 135's?

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
John I have a 135 Apo and what I did was had Leica change the mount to a 90mm mount so those frame lines come up as a 90mm, than they coded it also for the 135 2.8. Right now though it is in Solms getting a shim for back focusing

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
John I have a 135 Apo and what I did was had Leica change the mount to a 90mm mount so those frame lines come up as a 90mm, than they coded it also for the 135 2.8. Right now though it is in Solms getting a shim for back focusing
Sounds good...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
John if you want i can ask Leica if the 135 elmar can have a mount change to a 90mm . Not sure it can but i can certainly ask. My conversion cost 125 dollars

robsteve

Subscriber
I don't think you can change the mount on the Tele-Elmar. It is a completely different mount than most of the other M lenses.

I don't think it normally brings up the 90mm frame lines, but what ever is paired with the 135mm on the M6.

hdrmd

I use the Tele-Elmar with excellent results. I think it was Jaap who described the method of bringing up the 90mm viewfinder lines. When mounting the lens,keep the button down and turn it a bit farther than the first click, until the 90mm lines appear. It works well, especially when you can check your shot immediately after shooting. I haven't coded the lens, but I, too, use the B+W cut filter. Regards. DR

jaapv

Subscriber Member
I use the Tele-Elmar with excellent results. I think it was Jaap who described the method of bringing up the 90mm viewfinder lines. When mounting the lens,keep the button down and turn it a bit farther than the first click, until the 90mm lines appear. It works well, especially when you can check your shot immediately after shooting. I haven't coded the lens, but I, too, use the B+W cut filter. Regards. DR

That is correct. It doesn't shift focus either, as the focus linkage is flat and the helix is internal.

robsteve

Subscriber
I don't use the 134mm Tele-Elmar very often. I have probably only used it with the M8 two or three times. Here a a couple shots from a few weeks ago when we took the kids and the dog for a walk. I think I was shooting at f5.6.