Site Sponsors

Thread: Exakta lenses on M9?

Photon

Exakta lenses on M9?

Does somebody know if lenses with an Exakta mount (Y1-type, I believe) would be usable on the M9? And, with what/which adapter?

Warmest,

Ton

www.tonvanmourik.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Exakta lenses on M9?

Quote Originally Posted by Photon View Post
    Does somebody know if lenses with an Exakta mount (Y1-type, I believe) would be usable on the M9? And, with what/which adapter?

Warmest,

Ton

www.tonvanmourik.com
    In theory, at least, such an adapter could be made, for focussing up to infinity. But there would be no coupling to the rangefinder, so they would have to be scale-focussed. Not very convenient, except possibly for extreme wide-angles. Not worth the trouble IOW.

Using them on a Visoflex for macro is another matter; there were lots of decent macro lenses for Exakta. Still, lenses like Leitz Hektor 135 or old Elmarit 90 (not Tele-Elmarit) can be used with their optical units removed and put on a Visoflex with suitable adapters, focussing all the way to infinity. Those lenses are rather inexpensive, and adapters would be easier to find than for Exakta lenses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm a bit at a loss why anyone would want to do so, with all that excellent vintage Leica glass out there.
    JAAP
    http://www.jaapvphotography.eu
    The colours of my generation are black and white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaapv View Post
    I'm a bit at a loss why anyone would want to do so, with all that excellent vintage Leica glass out there.
    same, but I suspect the reason is that the original poster has a wealthy collection of Exakta lens supply... otherwise I would be wondering the same reason jaap