The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bokeh shots

Daniel

Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 V (f2.0, 1/180, 160)

Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 V (f2.0, 1/180, 160)

Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 V (f2.0, 1/500, 160)

Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0 V (f2.0, 1/90, 160)

Last edited:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Cindy - the first shot has a characteristic I like very much. The flowers (the yellow ones) about 3 to 5 feet behind the Iris are rendered in a manner I find very pleasing when looking at prints - they are not completely buttery smooth. I think this adds some real interest in printed images. Also, the bottom right hand corner has the same effect. These areas, combined with areas of sharp focus along with the buttery smooth sections make for compelling prints in many cases. Sometimes there is a richness in these areas of the prints that doesn't show as well on-screen.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Charlie and thank you Mr. Mandler.:ROTFL: Both shots are with the 50 lux pre-ASPH wide open.

I agree with you, sometimes too much buttery smooth bokeh is bland. Sometimes it takes stopping down a little to add interest and character.

Seascape

Cindy, just love that first shot......it really shows off the Pre-ASPH signature.

While I have the 50 Lux ASPH, I also have retained the Pre for Just that type of image quality.....it's a keeper!!

H

Huwge

What makes this lens a "rigid"? I've seen this word used but I'm not familiar with this term.
iirc in the late '50s Leica had two 50 summicron models, one collapsible and the other not, hence "rigid."

robsteve

Subscriber
iirc in the late '50s Leica had two 50 summicron models, one collapsible and the other not, hence "rigid."
In addition they had the 50mm Summicron that had a close focus ability with an attached set of goggles to correct the viewfinder view. It was called a dual range. In other words, rigid, meant it wasn't the close focusing or the collapsible version.

H

Huwge

Rigid 'cron (@f2) and 35 asph 'lux (@f1.8) at their respective close focusing distances. I love my rigid 'cron

robmac

A few shots two I've posted before....

50 Lux pre asp

CV75

Don't know if was intended this way, but #1, in addition to be a great shot (her smile, posture, imagined conversation with vendor), the juxtaposition with the magazine title in the glass, lower RHS, yellow cover is erie as hell.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
You have just listed my "dream team". I have the 75 and the 28. Just waiting for that 50 lux pre-Asph.

This lens just does it for me. If there is one lens that will never be sold so long as I own an M8 this is the one. Second place goes to the 28 Cron and third to the 50 Lux Pre-Asph.

Great shot

Woody

H

Huwge

This lens just does it for me. If there is one lens that will never be sold so long as I own an M8 this is the one. Second place goes to the 28 Cron and third to the 50 Lux Pre-Asph.

Great shot

Woody
Thanks Woody, it is a wonderful lens and more or less manages away my noctilust. It is a bear to manage but delivers such wonderful results on my film Ms as well.

Huw

Terry

Don't know if was intended this way, but #1, in addition to be a great shot (her smile, posture, imagined conversation with vendor), the juxtaposition with the magazine title in the glass, lower RHS, yellow cover is erie as hell.
Hi Robmac,
I missed your reply before...I had seen the top and bottom magazine covers (same magazine with 2 different covers - probably some test of what sells more) and liked them but the woman smiling with Chelsea Clinton's picture smiling back was divine intervention to make the shot.