The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new lens today - latest 50/2 cron

archiM44

Dan
it is indeed not very hard to do.
My M9 was back focusing out of the box and the rangefinder image was stopping before merging when lens was at infinity and looking at the moon and the hilversum TV mast at 4 km.
Also the camera was back focusing with all lenses at all distances so I figured it was only the infinity adustment of the wheel and did it myself using a 2mm allan wrench. Now all lenses including 90mm and summilux 50 focus perfectly.
Take a look at Julian's post here:
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-forum/122176-m9-coincidence-infinity.html
Only the wheel adjustment is simple, the rest is not something I would try myself.
I believe the nearest official service center is in Denmark so Solms would be just as fast.

Last edited:

JPlomley

In my case,the lenses needed adjustment. The M9 had already gone in twice for calibration issues prior to the 50 Cron and 75 Cron issues. It was front focussing right out of the box.

danlindberg

Today it has been sent to Solms together with the 50 cron. There is no longer service available in either Sweden or Denmark, everything goes to Solms.

It is quite worrying that so many have had these problems, straight out of the box! But if it comes back soon enough and working perectly, then I suppose it is easily forgotten....