The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 asph II

ronjh

Hi All,
This is my very first posting here, and I'd share a few shots from my M9 with new the 35mm 1.4. You get a sense of the lens signature, especially the of the one shot of the kid on the street. The were very minimal adjustments in LR3.
Cheers,
Ron

ronjh

Thanks Osman, Jono, and Ashwin. As I have following all of your fine work for some time, your kind words are inspiring. I must add that my wife is now giving me that "leica look" after she's seen our recent bank statement. It's all good though!

D&A

Welcome Ron and truly a smashing first post of images..and definitely shows off some of the unique attribed of this lens. There are additional posts regarding the new 35mm f1.4 (Ver II) in Ashwins thread along with his impressive images.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

halfFrame

looks like a San Francisco street corner in the 1st frame.
the cab colors and the little bit of achitecture.

Double Negative

Not Available
There are some great shots here. But dare I say it, I think I prefer the look of the previous version, at least the OOF areas. Otherwise, the IQ is simply amazing. Tough choice!