The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Mark: Stunning! Was the first shot with the 180? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Hi Matt, thank you for the compliment. Actually all of these photos are with the 70mm and are full frame. The rafting photo was taken at the site of the 1996 Olympic whitewater events on the Ocoee river in southeast Tennessee. This location was designed for spectators and it is very easy to get close to the action. Unfortunately, they only put high water flow through this section of the river a few times a year for recreational purposes because it bypasses the hydroelectric generation plant.

Ceh and Mark, thanks for giving me medium-format landscape jealousy :cussing: :grin: Great light and composition in both these shots.
I appreciate the positive feedback. I am working on my landscape photography skills. It helps when you have photogenic locations near home. However, there is still a bit of luck involved in getting weather conditions to cooperate.

m_driscoll

Hi Matt, thank you for the compliment. Actually all of these photos are with the 70mm and are full frame. The rafting photo was taken at the site of the 1996 Olympic whitewater events on the Ocoee river in southeast Tennessee. This location was designed for spectators and it is very easy to get close to the action. Unfortunately, they only put high water flow through this section of the river a few times a year for recreational purposes because it bypasses the hydroelectric generation plant.
Mark: Well timed. Very impressive. It's going to be a great vicarious thrill to see the S2 put through its paces. :thumbup:

ceh: Beautiful capture! :thumbup

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

S

Shelby Lewis

all these images have such a nice, natural feel about them... great work everyone!

vb_vmb

hi, thanks all in adv to fill this thread more and more, i am a stunned visitor to this thread, still fighting with M8........, but got the aim, atleast for future,,,,,, keep coming

stevem_nj

Too rich for my hobby to play along, i'm just glad to view from a distance,
fantastic results.
(even just looking at web images you can imagine, they are nice)

Thanks.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Here's one from this afternoon as I try to get acquainted with the Hasselblad 250/4 lens on the S2 via adapter. This is handheld at (f8?) ... it was 12 degrees fahrenheit so no I didn't pay too much attention to my settings or spend the time to set up a tripod.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Kurt, that Hassy screams on your S2! GREAT idea this thread too. I am really looking forward with envy and some degree of trepidation as we all face the S2 slippery slope!

I am hoping some of you will please post some great stuff from the 35mm. Probably the way I am headed, interest wise anyway. I really want to hate this camera because I can't justify the cost. It was easy to do when all you could get were two lenses, and both of those if you were lucky in the allocation draw for that month.

Adapters available for me to shoot my favorite MF glass is a whole other story, and brings an easy no not interested to a screeching halt, if only long enough to look with an open mind. Best of luck with this thread guys, kind of reminds me of the old DMR days!

D&A

Kurt and others are making it difficult for to just stand there and not want to jump into MF digital (and especially the S2) bandwagon. I did some of this format digitally a while ago, but in the last couple of years, great technical strides have been made. This thread is a great idea, especially when the images go hand and hand with some discussion, especially about alternative lenses for the S2.

Still, one can't get away from the the slippery slope Chuck described and the sacrafices one needs to make to even think about such a system.

Oh look, isn't that moire' I see in those repetitive horizontal lines that sit at 45 degrees, on the right side-center of the image you just posted Kurt? :) See, my decision to just look at all these pretty S2 images and go no further, is the right decision (at least I keep telling myself that over and over...LOL!)

Dave (D&A)

David K

Workshop Member
Great thread guys. I'm especially interested in the images from this system as I think it's the one on my bucket list. Keep em coming...

ceh

Stefanova hamlet...2,5/70 - 1,3sec.,f/11,ISO 160,CPL Kaesseman BW..

Last edited:

ceh

Hallo users Leca S2 where are you?...:):)
2,5/70.,f/16,8 sec.,ISO 160.,...difraction limit is f/11;)

johnnygoesdigital

The rafting shot just might convince me to go with the S2. I shoot with an h4d and would never, ever, get that close to water! As easy as it is to clean a Hassy, I'm a little skeptical of the fact there's only one attach point for the digital magazine and the battery is the grip! The S2 seems well suited to shoot both weddings and adventures.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Fantastic images on your site, Arif ... highly recommended viewing. Love your choice of subject matter. Thanks for joining in.

Kurt

D&A

Yes, Arif has some really lovely and impressive images on his site. I truly enjoyed viewing them! Welcome!

Dave (D&A)