The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

D&A

LOLOL! ...and I didn't know you were talking about your daughter, since when I first opened the thread to read and look at your posting, my eyes were solely on the stature. It was only as I was about to close out the thread that I realized who you were refering to (your daughter! Great "unexpected" capture. Is that "art imitating life" or visa versa? :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
Thank you for giving me a smile this morning Tom. All your daughter needed was a hat to perfectly imitate the statue. Was she intentionally imitating the statue?

peterv

Kurt,
I like the effect of the slight overexposure. Really makes me feel the heat in the desert. Thanks for posting.
PS: a tad less saturation could perhaps help to convey this feeling even more.

ceh

Kurt,
wow!
"desert gold" (gerea canescens)
I am looking forward to more photos from Death Walley.

David K

Workshop Member
Went to a polo match with my friend, Roger, this past week. Shot this with the 180mm which is not a long enough focal length for this sport... 400-600mm is far better. This crop represents approximately 10-15% of the original image.

gogopix

Subscriber
Hi David,

Can you stand the $64 question???

Ok....was this AF

and yes, I AM considering the S2 ;)

best regards
Victor

woodyspedden

Went to a polo match with my friend, Roger, this past week. Shot this with the 180mm which is not a long enough focal length for this sport... 400-600mm is far better. This crop represents approximately 10-15% of the original image.
Hey David

Not bad for such a crop with horses in motion. The S2 is not ideal for this type of work (compared to say a D3S or X with a 500mm up)

Still really good work

Best

Woody

David K

Workshop Member
Hi David,

Can you stand the $64 question???

Ok....was this AF

and yes, I AM considering the S2 ;)

best regards
Victor
All my shots on this day were AF but the S2 is simply not in the same ballpark as my Nikon D3S in capturing fast moving action shots. The best shots from the Leica were the background subjects, e.g. kids walking around the field, other photographers, etc. But when those horses are galloping towards you it's 35mm territory. The flip side is that the colors and overall look from the Leica lenses make the Nikon shots look watered down.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have been following this thread for weeks and would like to post a few files from the S2-P / 70 F2.5 combination. Nothing profound...no large landscapes as yet...more of a process - learning the limits so to speak.

Around the House:

Bowl and Spoon:

Decoys on Glass:

Hurricane Lamps:

Bob

Lloyd

Very nice Bob. So... looks like the siren call prevailed, eh? ;)

Looking forward to seeing more.

docmoore

These are post processed a bit with Nik SEfex 2:

Texas Skis:

Serena:

The following just a capture in a very dark garage.

Garden Shade:

Bob

docmoore

Very nice Bob. So... looks like the siren call prevailed, eh? ;)

Looking forward to seeing more.

It has more than I expected...giving up the removable back and changing systems was a bit of a concern. Now that I have had a chance to work with the camera some of those concerns were alleviated.

It is a camera that seems to succeed at both grand and small scale visions...

I think that the AF is a bit underrated here...I was impressed with speed and the ability to fine tune your shots once I gained some facility with the AF lock
button.

I need to read up on A versus P modes ... camera seems to change without input on my part. I am sure that I am doing something I shouldn't with regards to this.

I think you would find it to be an ideal companion to the D3s...all of my shots at 640 appear very clean. When things get very fast or too dark the D3s will catch the light.

Bob