The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

jonoslack

Babies everywhere.
first Thomas and daughter Carolin
Now Woody and grandson Landon
Hooray!
Congratulations to all grandparents/parents/new arrivals!

woodyspedden

Congratulations Woody. You look very proud holding your new grandson. By the way, ISO 1250 is looking pretty good.
Mark

I agree about ISO 1250. Your bird shots were great and as I mentioned I think my shots showed that even under bad lighting (God awful color) ISO 1250 allowed for many memorable shots even if they won't win awards

woody

dfarkas

Workshop Member
That is when I convert to B&W. When color distracts or doesn't add to the photo, B&W is the way to go.
As the old photo printing saying goes... "If you can't make it right....make it black and white!"

Great stuff, Woody. :thumbs: Get some rest and enjoy your newly expanded family. Best wishes to you, Phyllis, Heather and all.

David

GMB

Congratulations Woody, to your and your family. Attending the birth of my 3 daughters were the most magic moments of my life. Unfortunately, I did not take a camera with me.

Georg

Paratom

A beaufiful baby!

I have to say you were brave to shoot so early. And that with the S2 and flash. I allways thought I was bad jasing my family with my cameras, now I know I am not alone ;)

David K

Workshop Member
Tom, pretty sure you are not alone in chasing the family around with a camera. There's probably a psychologist somewhere specializing in post traumatic posing syndrome for kids like mine...

GMB

Tom, pretty sure you are not alone in chasing the family around with a camera. There's probably a psychologist somewhere specializing in post traumatic posing syndrome for kids like mine...
+ 1. But wait when they get in their teens. My youngest, who liked to posed when younger, now turns away almot anytime I appear with a camera. I hope that will change again.

jonoslack

+ 1. But wait when they get in their teens. My youngest, who liked to posed when younger, now turns away almot anytime I appear with a camera. I hope that will change again.
It does . . when they get to their 20's. One of my pleasures is the number of kids friends who use my pictures for their facebook profiles - gratifying.

Paratom

Since we were talking about it. Here snapshots of our new family member and the proud sister
640 ISO:

and 1250 ISO:

however I like that one with the K5 better::eek:

D&A

Since we were talking about it. Here snapshots of our new family member and the proud sister
640 ISO:

and 1250 ISO:

however I like that one with the K5 better::eek:
Tom,

Don't you see the story that developed in these three images? The first, the little one is all tucked in and his teddy bear safe and sound in his arms. Then in the second image, along comes his sis...and he's a bit startled and grabs "teddy tight"...while she's comforting him and letting him know he's loved and that his "teddy" will be safe and secure with her around. Then in the thrid image while he's content and back to sleep...I can see her little hand reaching around to um... "borrow" teddy"! LOL!

Guess one can read anything into a series of images (its what my sis would have done :) ....but one things for sure....lovely children and images!

Dave (D&A)

Paratom

Tom,

Don't you see the story that developed in these three images? The first, the little one is all tucked in and his teddy bear safe and sound in his arms. Then in the second image, along comes his sis...and he's a bit startled and grabs "teddy tight"...while she's comforting him and letting him know he's loved and that his "teddy" will be safe and secure with her around. Then in the thrid image while he's content and back to sleep...I can see her little hand reaching around to um... "borrow" teddy"! LOL!

Guess one can read anything into a series of images (its what my sis would have done :) ....but one things for sure....lovely children and images!

Dave (D&A)
Dave,
thank you -this is a great story! the kind of story the kids love. (and me too)
Tom

Tom, you have a beautiful family. I agree the last photo is a keeper due to the facial expression of your daughter.

Dave, wonderful interpretation of Tom's images.

D&A

Hi Tom, Mark and All,

I think we can all agree, no matter what trials and tribulations in life that confronts us on a regular basis...our families and children (and for those that have grandchildren) bring an endless joy that can't be measured. They most definitely are the most satisfying (and favorite) subjects to try out our favorite photographic equipment and techniques on. :)

Dave (D&A)

David K

Workshop Member
Hi Tom, Mark and All,

I think we can all agree, no matter what trials and tribulations in life that confronts us on a regular basis...our families and children (and for those that have grandchildren) bring an endless joy that can't be measured. They most definitely are the most satisfying (and favorite) subjects to try out our favorite photographic equipment and techniques on. :)

Dave (D&A)
The flip side is that they make camera gear look cheap by comparison :)

Paratom

Some from the Jewish Cemetery in Worms which is said to be the oldest in Europe (history back to 11th century)