The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bob,

..to 'see' during the winter months. There is a subtlety to the colors of death and rebirth in the landscape that are difficult to find any other time of the year. The soft pastel light and intricate layers of those months are beautiful.

Kurt
Wonderful description of winter color and light!

Thanks for your comments.

Bob

LWH

I'm always in danger of waffling on when I scroll down the page and see pictures so good they make my jaw drop in disbelief, so I'll just keep it short.

Glad you got a closer shot of the Mallard.

If I don't analyze it, the picture with the Heron looks like a painting.

I like the muted colours and the way you've used the reflections.

In general, I like the way the pictures contain so much organic detail while simultaneously presenting what could, superficially, be considered an 'empty' scene.

Les.

I applaud your effort to make the best of what I call the ugly season. I have a very difficult time motivating myself to go out for landscape photography this time of year. However, I really like your last photo (Trees at Lakes Edge). It is inspiring and a reminder that there is still some beauty to be found even during this gray and ugly time of year.

docmoore

Thanks Mark,

I do like braving the elements but you are right ... conditions have to be just right to make it worthwhile.

Bob

CharlesK

Jan, wonderfully superb portraits! You have truly captured the feeling and essence of these people :thumbs:
Bob, superb set of pastel shots! The subtlety and depth are amazing! My favourite are the last two shots, and more so the last shot :thumbs:
Zoomstop, nice set! I really like the first shot!

bensonga

Many great images here.

I try not to look at this thread, because every time I do, I think to myself....."Self, sell every camera and lens you own, then buy an S2....you won't regret it."

Perhaps my past actions are coming back to bite me now. To paraphrase the comments of a close friend, whenever I've sent him info about a new camera, lens or printer that ultimately resulted in a hit to his bank account: "Damn you, S2 owners (Gary Benson), damn you!" :eek:

Gary

Paratom

Pretty cold in Germany these days.
I am happy to have my S2 back from a trip to Solms (good and fast service by the way).
Saturday afternoon walk today:

docmoore

Bob, My favourite are the last two shots, and more so the last shot...
Thanks Charles...I keep finding deeper layers in subsequent pics to explore.

I have just gotten back to read this thread after three days.

Tom and zoomstop...wonderful pictures!

Tom is that first a relative of a Grebe? Striking looking bird.

Zoomstop, At first I was not so sure about the brown but the depth of dynamic range makes it work for me.:thumbup:

Bob

Last edited:

baudolino

First ice on the lake (last week) and my two assistants waiting patiently for me to pack the tripod...

And one of the first images I made with the S2 - some "Spätlese" still hanging on the vines at the beginning of December.

docmoore

Just returned home after a couple of weeks...thought I would add a couple more pictures from a previous shoot.

Fence Line at Lakes Edge

Tree Detail in Browns

Mallard Near Lake's Edge

Thanks,

Bob

docmoore

Out this morning with the S2-P and P67 100 Macro

Those Trees at Lakes Edge

Tree and Fallen Branches

Buildings Past Lakes Edge

Thanks,

Bob

docmoore

Little Different Perspective With These

Hard Times at the Lake

Green at Lakes Edge

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Closer to Home...S2-P/P67 100 Macro

Yellow Blossoms Over The Fence 1

Yellow Blossoms Over The Fence 2

Thanks,

Bob

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
With all of the talk about how 35mm is now the new medium format ... I thought that I'd post a few recent shots in defense of the diminished quality of the S2. ;)

Kurt