The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Paratom

With all of the talk of the Monochrom dominating the Leica chatter, I thought that I'd add a few black and white images with the S2 to remind everyone that the S2 can still deliver the goods. ;)

Kurt
Wow! I specially like the 2 ladies on the sofa and the last one. Have you pre-ordered the S-Monochrom?

woodyspedden

With all of the talk of the Monochrom dominating the Leica chatter, I thought that I'd add a few black and white images with the S2 to remind everyone that the S2 can still deliver the goods. ;)

Kurt

Kurt

These shots are truly awesome. First because, as with all your work since going to Manila, it documents the Philipine people and their life so very well. Secondly because the S2 so wonderfully captures your work. The black and white images are just sensational

Great stuff

Woody

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks Arif and everyone else who has left a note. Hopefully, it demonstrates the versatility of the S system and the pliability of the images. There's a lot to work with to suit one's personal style.

D&A

Really great pictures Kurt. The first one is amazing, as well as the two ladies on the sofa. :thumbup:
+1 Those two are my favorites too. Kurt wonderful images and not only becuase they are B&W, but also due to the subject matter and the way they are composed along with the moment captured. Thanks for posting this set of images.

Dave (D&A)

Petster

Ok Kurt. I have to add the first one is a killer shot. The guy looks so amazingly cool. His look, skin, holding the cigarette. Could be a shot out of a super cool movie. :)

baudolino

Staying with the B&W theme and chiming in with some human interest - photographs taken in the Bwindi Forest, Uganda

This is James, the pygmy chief, explaining how his people left the forest 20 years ago.

One of the trackers who leave hours before the tourists every morning, to locate the gorillas.

Teachers from the local school, providing the rhythm section for the kids' impromptu welcome dance, while we wait for our drivers to collect us from the edge of the forest.

Local kids watching us, the muzungu, with the same interest as we watch them.

Local girl, Bwindi.

The Bwindi orphan group performing for the tourists (i.e. me and my companion traveller)

Lloyd

These are wonderful, and I'd say important, images, Martin. Beautifully and sensitively captured. Love the B/W processing as well. That touch of warmth is perfect.

Paratom

Baudolino,
wonderfull images, Thank you.
I also like the b&w processing.
I find one great thing about the S2 and its lenses that it seems (to me) to no give the image to much "fingerprint" but just shows things with a "neutral" unbelievable clarity.
I wish I was as good photographer as some here who put the S2 to such great use.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Wonderful shots, Martin. Love the black and whites. Thanks for the great look into a part of Africa that is truly fascinating.

D&A

Hi Baudolino,

As many others have expressed, simply wonderful images, both from a technical and reportage point of view. The slight warmth in very inviting and contributes to the humanistic touch of the people portrayed. Thanks for sharing these.

Dave (D&A)