The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

doug

The other comment that he made was that the 350 mm project is apparently dead. He said Leica had done a calculation for the lens, and it would have cost about 10k EUR and the weight would have been about 4kg.
:wtf: :cussing: :scry: :loco: :facesmack: !!

I hope this doesn't affect the price of the Contax 645 350mm Teleapotessar. I have almost figured out how to pay for a used S2 and the Contax 350.

Oh well... I'm enjoying the pictures posted here.

RVB

:wtf: :cussing: :scry: :loco: :facesmack: !!

I hope this doesn't affect the price of the Contax 645 350mm Teleapotessar. I have almost figured out how to pay for a used S2 and the Contax 350.

Oh well... I'm enjoying the pictures posted here.
There is always the HC300mm... also very sharp and far lighter. cheaper too ..:)

Lloyd

Very impressive, Scott. Congrats on the recognition, and bigger congrats on the stunning images.

M

melantye

First time using S 120mm for a macro flower shot, wish I had the micro prism screen... If anyone knows the name of this flower please let me know:)

Last edited:

pesto

Good Morning Yong,
Your beautiful image is of a passion flower of the Passiflora genus, most likely a hybrid variety.
A word to the wise here: if you buy one of the microprism focusing screens, install it VERY carefully. I had a great bit of difficulty with mine and ended up scratching it badly, nor do I believe that I am the first to do so. I believe that they are packaged upside down but am not certain about this.

Douglas Benson.

M

melantye

Good Morning Yong,
Your beautiful image is of a passion flower of the Passiflora genus, most likely a hybrid variety.
A word to the wise here: if you buy one of the microprism focusing screens, install it VERY carefully. I had a great bit of difficulty with mine and ended up scratching it badly, nor do I believe that I am the first to do so. I believe that they are packaged upside down but am not certain about this.

Douglas Benson.
Thank you Douglas!

pesto

Multitasking

This is Epiphyllum strictum, an epiphytic, thornless, night blooming cactus that grows wild on my property. The flowers are very fragrant but short-lived; by mid morning they are wilted and the previously crystalline white petals are tawny. This image was shot at ~6:00 AM all the while I was feeding the mosquito hoards.

Leica S2 P / 120 Macro at F/11 / Iso 160 / ~10 seconds

Last edited:

Hosermage

Nice! The Chinese often associate these flowers with women of extreme beauty... short-lived, and only show their beauty at night.

mmbma

Can the 30-90 zoom replace the primes in terms of depth of field? Zoom users, do you ever find yourself in need of shallower DOF?

baudolino

Looks like the theme now is flower images taken with the 120 Macro :). Here's a picture of a Gloriosa Rotschildiana, growing wildly in the Bigodi Swamp in Uganda. I had no idea what this flower was called, however my mother knew.

GMB

Can the 30-90 zoom replace the primes in terms of depth of field? Zoom users, do you ever find yourself in need of shallower DOF?
I think on the short end (30 and 35mm) the difference between the zoom and the primes is negligible. As regards the 70 mm, while one cannot obtain the extreme narrow DOF of the prime, the zoom still permits to isolate the subject.

In fact, this was one of my concerns when I got the zoom, and it turned out not to be an issue in practice. Also, if I want really narrow DOF, I take the 120.

Having said that, while I may part with the 35, I have no intention to part with the 70. Not only because of its superb rendering and narrow DOF, but also because of size and weight.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Red Rock Amphitheater, Morrison, CO
Leica S2/Leica 35mm

Hi...I am new here. Just got the S2 and 2 lenses (70/35mm) few days ago. I am glad I bought them. It's a remarkable system and the lenses are the best!
Thanks to Douglas, Joe, Derek, Cenek and Rob for your kind advices.
Special thanks to Derek and Rob for sending me files to look at and Joe who sold me this fantastic lens (shipping the lens even before receiving the payment :))
Best
Pramote

Shashin

Pramote, you are going to need a bigger bag. And maybe a bigger car. I hope you are not trying to complete with Graham. ;)