The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

pesto

Widget is a previously homeless fellow who has turned out to be a great friend... one wonders in such cases who has adopted whom ?
S2 P / APO Elmar 180 @ f/8 / ISO 160.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Is it just me, or is the Bokeh in the above castle shot at f2.5 a little "buzzy" for the 70?

I wonder if you perhaps added a little too much pre or post sharpening?

aCIDfire

Is it just me, or is the Bokeh in the above castle shot at f2.5 a little "buzzy" for the 70?

I wonder if you perhaps added a little too much pre or post sharpening?
There was no sharpening on backround just PP colours via Alien Skin Exposure profiles. Maybe it looks "buzzy" for you due to contrasty light abeam before sunset. For me it´s looks good even after postprocessing (a bit more contrasty image than SOOC) with enough foreground "pop" in image :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
No, the buzz is in the bokeh itself to my eyes, not a contrast issue, and unusual that's all. Probably is something you did in post, possibly the AS action.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,just wondering if this looks better...? profoto color space as always so safari would be best..(maybe i should start using srgb for web?)

Rob
Yes, much better.

PS: When you embed from filcker, PLEASE use their medium size image -- their server is so friggin slow it makes our site hang while the full size image ports from their end. Other alternative is to use our free gallery here -- it's lightning fast.

RVB

Yes, much better.

PS: When you embed from filcker, PLEASE use their medium size image -- their server is so friggin slow it makes our site hang while the full size image ports from their end. Other alternative is to use our free gallery here -- it's lightning fast.
Thanks Jack,It was caused by a Nik filter,I find you have to be extra careful with Nik filters when you use them on images from low pass filter free sensor''s,,,

Also noted about the embedding from ,I will use 1024x680 in future ..

Rob

aCIDfire

Did anyone tried this M* 400/4 beast on S2? I´am really enjoying M* 300/4 and this could be a good performer too, but too heavy and for me too pricey just now:( maybe some day :)

menos

I didn't try any of the Pentax lenses on the S2, but the Contax 645 350/4 would be a much more interesting lens to me. They are still fair priced for what they are and the Carl Zeiss 1.4x Mutar is exceptional (works fantastic on my 140/2.8 and 210/4 Contax 645).

I would be very, very interested if anybody has photographs done with the 350/4 Carl Zeiss on the S2.

Several samples are regularly floating on eBay.

Beautiful shot of your wife above btw ;-) And please do share some Pentax 300/4 shots as well!

aCIDfire

I´ll upload more shots with 300/4 soon ;)
Contax 350/4 is a beautiful lens with AF but expensive in combination + adapter to S2 (1920 USD) + 1.4x Mutar (600 USD).

Here is one with Hasseblad HC 100/[email protected]
In this small picture it´s not visible but on full res his left eye is focused spot on and the right eye is already OOF:)

Last edited: