The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Paratom

I also liked the 180 lens a lot as well. The 120 hunts just that simple but still a fine lens.

180 shot here at 5.6

I think you got the colors looking very good, even though I think there is no official support of the S in C1. (i know some c1 profiles floating around for the S2)

You forgot the 70 in your lens set which you need when the light is not bright.

fotografz

This is with the 30-90 at 30mm . This one I processed in C1, the light is very soft and most of Maine the lighting was soft. When i test it again it will be here in Arizona with much stronger light. Right off the bat i can tell you this the lenses are very sharp and crisp with a lot of detail. The dang 30-90 is pretty special. My thoughts are a 24, 30-90 120 and 180 kit would cover just about everything. This image i did correct the keystoning from the natural perspective correction when looking up at your subject.

Hey Guy, since you are re-connecting with Leica see if you can get your mitts on the Elpro for the S180mm for your next test run. Would be interesting to see how it works for closer shots.

Will the full compliment include the new S45/2.8? Lots of interest in that lens since it is a 35mm FOV in 35mm DSLR terms.

Were you working with S or CS versions of the lenses?

- Marc

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I had the S versions but hoping to get the CS for review. It will be after Photo plus in NY so the 45mm should be available.

RVB

I ordered a the S45 when it was released,, it arrived yesterday,I'll post a couple of shot's as soon as I get a chance to pick it from from the dealer,no rush as my S body is back at Leica have the memory card door fixed..

Stuart Richardson

Wow, already! My dealer said February 2014...I might even have to wait that long for the zoom. That said, they are the only one in the country, the price is good, and it is just easier to deal with it that way, than to order from abroad.

Rolo

May I join you, please ? I've been inspired and informed by the information and images on these boards. Thanks you.

Here's an S2 shot from a religious event. Shot handheld with the S2 and a 70mm.
Gary

(Not sure why it posts small, but I'll learn, perhaps)

RVB

Wow, already! My dealer said February 2014...I might even have to wait that long for the zoom. That said, they are the only one in the country, the price is good, and it is just easier to deal with it that way, than to order from abroad.
Stuart,it's always a good idea to buy local or at least from a dealer that you can rely if you have a problem..

I would love the Zoom but I went with the primes for the CS..

Stuart Richardson

Yes, I agree. Our local dealer is quite nice and helpful, but the scale is small here. I am the only one in the country with the S2, so it is not like they will stock anything! They also are not allowed to buy directly from Leica...there is a distributor in Denmark that takes care of most of Scandinavia, and so things have to go from Leica to Denmark, then from Denmark to here...for EVERYTHING...even service. Still, being on the good side of the local pro dealer is very good, from a service as well as business perspective.
Enough talk. Here is another image. A snapshot from this summer when I stayed on a farm...they raised sheepdogs...but also sheep, goats, ducks, two cows and a cat.

Paratom

Yes, I agree. Our local dealer is quite nice and helpful, but the scale is small here. I am the only one in the country with the S2, so it is not like they will stock anything! They also are not allowed to buy directly from Leica...there is a distributor in Denmark that takes care of most of Scandinavia, and so things have to go from Leica to Denmark, then from Denmark to here...for EVERYTHING...even service. Still, being on the good side of the local pro dealer is very good, from a service as well as business perspective.
Enough talk. Here is another image. A snapshot from this summer when I stayed on a farm...they raised sheepdogs...but also sheep, goats, ducks, two cows and a cat.
But where is "he" ? ;)
I like the image

RVB

[/url]

I posted this in the "fun with medium format images" thread but I posted here as it is a Leica S image.. CS70mm...

rsmphoto

My thoughts are a 24, 30-90 120 and 180 kit would cover just about everything.

Yup, I concur. After being a hardcore Hasselblad user for many years, and now nearly a year with the S, 6 months with the 30-90, and thousands of images, I've found this camera is near perfection for me. Rock solid, weather proof, crash-free tethered operation with LR5 (what a relief!), fantastic color engine, exceptional lenses.... Hoping the next iteration will include USB3, 50-60Mp CMOSIS chip, and faster auto-focusing.

menos

I see, some are enjoying the new Leica zoom lens a lot.

Does anyone have experience with the Carl Zeiss zoom lens in Contax 645 mount on the Leica S or from the Contax 645?
How does this zoom perform on digital sensors, especially wide open?

I ended up on a trip missing a long lens, as I selected the 35 and 70 as my two lens kit. The Contax zoom sounds really sweet in terms of focal length.

Here is one shot with the 70 Summarit, handheld at dusk.
I really like how the S lenses perform from wide open and how Leica managed to dampen the mirror and shutter, so even at the high resolution these sensors provide slow shutter speeds are possible.

Gaoyou Lake - fisher boats at dusk by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

aDam007

Hi guys,

Anyone have any S or S2 shots done with a 80/2 Contax645 lens?
I'd love to see some samples, portraits mainly :D

Thanks!