The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Scott Tansey

Hello All,

It is about time I post some S2 pictures. Here is one that I took in a Zeppelin ride over Los Angeles and up the coast of California.

Scott
scotttanseyphoto.com

menos

Love this shot Dirk, I don't know if I've seen this somewhere before, but it still is nice to see it...
Thanks a lot Dave ;-)
I wish, I would run into subjects this natural on the street more often …

Here is another one taken with the Contax 80/2 Planar (I think, I used a 13mm extension tube here):

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Dirk, I really like the bokeh from the planar. It looks a lot less busy than the background from my 80/1.9 Mamiya.

menos

Yes, Kurt, I like the Carl Zeiss Planar 80/2 a lot more than the Mamiya 80/1.9 for that reason. Credits go to you, to have me inspired to try the Mamiya lens (first on Mamiya bodies), finally leading me to the S2.

Here is another lens used on the S2 body - a Schneider-Kreuznach 80/2.8 Xenotar in Exakta 66 mount - this lens really shook me (I didn't expect it to be THAT good).

This is my new favourite manual focus normal lens. It is the 80 mm, I tried the Hasselblad 80/2.8 CFE to be but it never sparked me. This Xenotar though did it from the first time, I saw how it behaves.

peterv

... a Schneider-Kreuznach 80/2.8 Xenotar in Exakta 66 mount ...

Dirk, how do you get this lens adapted to the S?

menos

... a Schneider-Kreuznach 80/2.8 Xenotar in Exakta 66 mount ...

Dirk, how do you get this lens adapted to the S?
Peter, this is fairly easy - Russian made Pentacon Six/ Kiew adapters are readily available (auction site or local shops).

I use a P6 to Mamiya adapter, but there are also adapters to Contax 645.