The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

craigrudlin

Visited Carrie Furnaces a couple of months ago. Just posted images on my website: Rudlin Fine Art under galleries->portfolios->carrie furnaces

These were taken with the S2 using 70 and 120 mm lenses. Processed via CS6 and NIK plugins. Raw conversion via LR5.

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

craig

baudolino

Thanks Bob,
I didnt do much different. My downsized jpg on the computer looks fine, as soon as I post it it looks not good here. If I put it on phase it seems to look even worse ;(
Yes, I have the same problem and mentioned it a while ago, in one of my postings under the Fun with digital M. I think it may be because the GetDPI site is not retina optimised. On a "retina-aware" site, when you upload images, you essentially have to upload them twice the size in order to look good and then the code in the site needs to show them at the intended (half) size. That is assuming you use a retina MBP. The images look fine here when I view them on a normal screen. My site (www.openeyesphoto.com) is retina-aware (it's a function of Sandvox, the little piece of software that I use to edit the page) and when I view it on the rMBP, the pictures look sharp. When I copy the image addresses from my site to postings here, they look unsharp on the rMBP (but OK on a normal screen).

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bob, I am hoping you are not regretting selling that S2 too much...
Another is on its way...:bugeyes:

All the talk about CMOS made me run some old files....and I know that entering in at the S2 level will be much easier than anything new....

Just need to inventory what I need to sacrifice for the return.

Bob