The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

fotografz

Pete,

I am amazed that Marc gave up one of the best of the older Hasselblad lenses...the 40 CFE is legendary...at least in the company of my peers...

The other lens that is a standout is the 100FE 2.0 little matches it.....

New house...new focus all good...amazing how our previous world prospers without our constant oversight and input.

Warm regards,

Bob
Can't keep EVERYTHING Bob … :ROTFL:

That 40IF is an outstanding optic for sure. I originally got it at a promotional price when buying some other piece of gear. I tested it against the previous 40 and there was no comparison. A bit of distortion easily corrected in post.

My drive with the S system was to have all leaf-shutter lenses … the most recent being the CS-45/2.8, so that focal length is now covered.

Good to here from Peter A. Much missed voice on the forum.

After this past "Winter of the Century", I just secured a second home in a warmer climate.:thumbup:

So no more camera gear for a good while. More like divest, than invest going forward … but the S is immune to purges. I'll be able to make photos more months each year now, and new territory will spur that on I'm sure. Nothing like a change of venue to motive new explorations.

- Marc

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Yes I figured that the 45 CS would be a good replacement for the 40...after seeing pictures it will most likely be my next S lens.

Congratulations on the new home! Seems like most everyone in Michigan either flees or acquires a second property if they do not want to give up the glorious summers and falls.

I agree that much else can change but the S system will stay as long as I am in any way serious about photography and I cannot see that changing anytime soon.

Bob

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
Here are few from this morning's walk with Hasselblad 250/5,6 SA, 150/4 CFi, Summarit-S 70, and Summarit-S 35. The last one was also printed this afternoon (20x30) and the IQ is pretty good.

aCIDfire

Thanks for the kind comment, Bob. The people here are amazing. I honestly feel more welcome in the neighborhoods of the barrios I walk than many of the streets I wandered down in the west. I'm in awe of the strength, resilience and zest for life that I encounter each day ... they continue to teach me a lot about myself.
Stunning portraits Kurt with so much pop in the images! Which lens did you use? Thx, Mark.

aCIDfire

I didn´t post in this thread for a longer time, here is a repost from MF thread.
A few pictures from Maldives postprocessed after a year from honeymoon ;)
I´am looking on my other photographs realizing that many photographs were PP´ed with more than 1 year delay:banghead:

Leica S2 + Summarit-S 75/2.5 @ f/4

Leica S2 + Leica Apo-Macro-Summarit-S 120/2.5 @ f/2.8

Leica S2 + Summarit-S 75/2.5 @ f/2.5

Leica S2 + APO-TELE-ELMAR-S 180/3.5 @ f/3.5

Leica S2 + APO-TELE-ELMAR-S 180/3.5 @ f/4

On lost island..

Leica S2 + Summarit-S 75/2.5 @ f/5.6

More to come, enjoy :) Marek

pesto

Gotta keep this thread alive…

This is a quick one of my friend Frank. It was shot in window light as I happened by with a camera in my hand…nothing fancy.

Leica S2-P / ISO 640 / S120 Macro @ f/4 / 1/25 sec.

Last edited:

RVB

Gotta keep this thread alive…

This is a quick one of my friend Frank. It was shot in window light as I happened by with a camera in my hand…nothing fancy.

Leica S2-P / ISO 640 / S120 Macro @ f/4 / 1/25 sec.
Douglas,nice bokeh and very sharp in the zone of focus...

Scott Tansey

Thought I would keep the post going. I took a walk in Downtown LA a couple of weeks ago in weird weather for LA. We had some monsoon weather with high clouds, and the light was quite different. Here are a few images from that walk. All images were taken with the S2 with the 24mm lens.

Scott
scotttanseyphoto.com
p.s. If you are in LA before the 31st you can see one of my 24 foot panoramas at the Leica Gallery.

baudolino

With the 30-90 zoom. Castle Kost, Czech Republic, close to my parents' week-end house.

A rock in a valley close-by to the castle.