The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

anGy

Hi,
Just a bit of self promotion; I've put my S 35 & S 100mm for sale on the forum. 2 splendid lenses in perfect condition. As S lenses are not common in the sales section I wanted to inform about this sale here too :angel:

kimyeesan

Finally got my S again... (sold and bought again....)
Testing out the Lightroom 6 HDR and Panoramic stitching....

S006 + Super-Elmar-S 24 - Vertical 2 image stitched...

da_eltsch

... we also might find pink out here:

this actually is a specialty in Europe. This "Kalmia angustifolia" is originally from Northern America. It was set out maybe two hundred years by somebody who worked at the botanic gardens in Hannover and there is only this field known over here, where this rose survives.

Giorgio

Quick question... Do you guys think the 180S is faster at focusing then the 120S? And is it noticeably so?
Yes, and yes.
I have both, they are a wonderful set of lenses for my purposes. Photographing people.
The 180 is noticeably faster to focus and never hunts for focus. There are times when the 120 is best, especially when you need to get close to the subject.
YMMV

aDam007

Yes, and yes.
I have both, they are a wonderful set of lenses for my purposes. Photographing people.
The 180 is noticeably faster to focus and never hunts for focus. There are times when the 120 is best, especially when you need to get close to the subject.
YMMV
Thanks for the quick response. I was thinking about picking up the 180 for the reach..

I don't mind the 120mm for candids, but have been considering the 180mm.

M

mjr

I recently picked up a 180 as a part of a bigger kit but made the mistake of using it rather than selling it straight on, it's really fantastic! I don't have a 120 to compare with but it is very fast to focus as Giorgio mentioned, a really superb lens and I now use it quite a lot.

Mat

aDam007

I recently picked up a 180 as a part of a bigger kit but made the mistake of using it rather than selling it straight on, it's really fantastic! I don't have a 120 to compare with but it is very fast to focus as Giorgio mentioned, a really superb lens and I now use it quite a lot.

Mat
Hi, thanks!
Seems I need to consider buying one of these then!