The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

M

mjr

Morning

Something a bit different from my normal shots, a commission for a series of 6 prints for a client who had a very specific idea of what they wanted from the shots, not what I would have normally done as I'm not a big fan of heavier processing but the client is extremely happy so I guess that's all that matters!

A shot from yesterday, just some few minutes walk from where I live. Unfortunately, my beloved Leica S 006 failed just after this image. The focal shutter failed after some horrible mechanical noise coming from the mechanism. The camera is now on its way to Germany.... what a great start of the new year.

L1004369.jpg

aCIDfire

It´s not the same winter everywhere :D "Starting" to process some photos from honeymoon travel on Maldives 2 years ago :)

Leica S2 + S-35/2.5 pano from 2 horizontal shots

topoxforddoc

Jesus and a Roman

One of a series of publicity shots taken today for the Passion Play this Easter at Gloucester Cathedral. They'll be using the colour shots, but I'm showing the black and white versions - colour photography hadn't been invented in 30-34 AD :)

S(006) 70/2.5S Elinchrom Quadra x 2

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Jesus and a Roman

One of a series of publicity shots taken today for the Passion Play this Easter at Gloucester Cathedral... colour photography hadn't been invented in 30-34 AD :)
Although the Shroud of Turin ... memory serves ... more sepia than silver.

Lovely photo ... when our daughter was in Oxford we always visited during Easter ... too many wonderful performances and Evensong
to attend. And a few days in front of the fire at the Lamb Inn in Burford before a return to this side of the pond.

Regards,

Bob

topoxforddoc

Although the Shroud of Turin ... memory serves ... more sepia than silver.

Lovely photo ... when our daughter was in Oxford we always visited during Easter ... too many wonderful performances and Evensong
to attend. And a few days in front of the fire at the Lamb Inn in Burford before a return to this side of the pond.

Regards,

Bob
Bob,

Sounds like you had a great time, when your daughter was in Oxford. I know the Lamb in Burford well. It's where my wife, Sue, and I went during her first pregnancy. She was overdue and later that evening, she went into labour for our first son, Alex :)

Charlie

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bob,

Sounds like you had a great time, when your daughter was in Oxford. I know the Lamb in Burford well. It's where my wife, Sue, and I went during her first pregnancy. She was overdue and later that evening, she went into labour for our first son, Alex :)

Charlie
What a wonderful story ...

I love the pub and the Kat Lightfoot paintings that set the tone for the place.

I studied theology for a year at Regents Park Oxford in 1975 after completing a BA Chemistry in the states in three years ... returned to the states to do a MD and specialized in Cardiac Anesthesia. Some 34 years later have
retired from the practice due to politics ....

My daughter has just submitted her D Phil dissertation in History of Art ... so we all will probably be visiting for her Viva and if successful her subsequent
graduation.

We may visit Burford or try Upper Slaughter.

Regards,

Bob

topoxforddoc

What a wonderful story ...

I love the pub and the Kat Lightfoot paintings that set the tone for the place.

I studied theology for a year at Regents Park Oxford in 1975 after completing a BA Chemistry in the states in three years ... returned to the states to do a MD and specialized in Cardiac Anesthesia. Some 34 years later have
retired from the practice due to politics ....

My daughter has just submitted her D Phil dissertation in History of Art ... so we all will probably be visiting for her Viva and if successful her subsequent
graduation.

We may visit Burford or try Upper Slaughter.

Regards,

Bob
Bob,

Which college is she at? You'll enjoy her graduation at the Sheldonian - mind you, the seats are hard benches and steeply raked. I'm sure she'll look great in her scarlet gown and bonnet (I had one of those when I got my DPhil in 2000).

Cardiac anaesthesia - I remember that. I was a cardiac surgery resident in Oxford in the early 90s. I seem to remember it was a large slug of fentanyl - nothing too fancy :)

PS contact me when you come over. It would be great to meet up for a drink.

Charlie

M

mjr

Morning!

I had a nice little shoot yesterday morning for a friend, bloody cold here at -35, we only stayed out for 5 minutes but already ice was forming on her hair and jacket. Sun came up with a beautiful orange glow and lit her perfectly.

M

mjr

Morning!

Sorry for hogging this thread! Some great dramatic light on the river yesterday morning, illuminating the ice forming in in the flow of the water, went for a slightly faster shutter speed to get some depth to the water and a heavier black and white conversion, not likely to be many peoples cup of tea but I love this and the print is beautiful.

topoxforddoc

Back in the "Pit" with my S(006) at the famous Half Moon in Putney, London. Virtually every famous UK band has played there with live music every night - Rolling Stones, The Who, John Mayall, Kate Bush and many more.

This one is from friday - Simon Townshend, younger brother of Pete from The Who. ST has been playing lead guitar for The Who on tour for over 10 years. However, he is also a very good songwriter in his own right. He is doing a number of intimate gigs in the US and Canada in between the rescheduled Who Hits 50 shows - http://www.simontownshend.com/simon-townshend-on-tour/

S(006) 70/2.5S

M

mjr

Morning!

I spent Friday with the indigenous Sami people here in the North of Sweden at the Jokkmokk market, saw some great Reindeer racing.

atanabe

Just traded in my 30 and 70 towards the 30-90 zoom. So far I like it, has a little more distortion than the 30 but so much easier to just grab the camera and go. L1009441.jpgL1009560.jpgL1009446.jpg