The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Kept thinking I needed a 007 but today convinced myself the new 006 is just fine with me.

Leica S 006 Hasselblad 120 F4 Makro-Planar

Leica S 006 Hasselblad 160 F4.8 Tessar

Nice to be back ....

Bob

docmoore

Out with the S for a bit today ....

Leica S 006 Hasselblad 160 F 4.8 Tessar

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Quiet around here ...

Here are a few ... Hasselblad 120 Makro and 32E Extension Tube and the S 45

Leica S 006 Hass 120 Makro

Leica S 006 S 45

Thanks,

Bob

kuau

Workshop Member
Quiet around here ...

Leica S 006 S 45

Thanks,

Bob
Bob nice set.
Quick question,
How do you go about making those really nice digital frames?

I hope to post some new stuff soon. I just traded in my S2 for the 006 I know not much of an upgrade yet I really like the 100% viewfinder and the better quality LCD on the back, I also picked up a used S 120 CS like new for half price of what a new one costs, so now my kit included the S30 S70 and the S120. Saving up for the S180 next

Steven

docmoore

Bob nice set.
Quick question,
How do you go about making those really nice digital frames?

I hope to post some new stuff soon. I just traded in my S2 for the 006 I know not much of an upgrade yet I really like the 100% viewfinder and the better quality LCD on the back, I also picked up a used S 120 CS like new for half price of what a new one costs, so now my kit included the S30 S70 and the S120. Saving up for the S180 next

Steven
Hi Steven

The frames are generated from a script ... very complex one that Joe Colson on this site developed ... it is very malleable and I love the quick lovely output ... text format and output is scaleable.

It is called Frameshop ... if you PM him I am sure that he will provide the link to a download.

I think that the S 006 is a huge step up from the S2 ... I had a S2-P and decided that I would pass on the S 007 ... would love live view but the CCD in the S 006 is stellar as are all of the lenses. Now if they
resolve the AF failures there is little to criticize ... and their commitment to resolving any AF problem at any point is a step in the right direction ... actually this is why I returned to the S. I do probably 90 MF
and 10 AF ... even then I tweak it biased on a magnified view of the capture.

BTW your neighbor picture is stellar ...

The S 006 is a daylight or tripod camera ... works for me ... usually reading and planning for the next morning by 900PM.

The S 100 may be my next lens ...

Bob

Bob, several of your recent posts show up (via Safari/Outlook) as blank pages with little blue question marks in the center. Did you take them down again?

Kirk
Quiet around here ...

Leica S 006 S 45

Thanks,

Bob

docmoore

Yes

The storage for files is a bit limited and I tend to cull anything that is a bit older and has not seen much in the way of new comments.

Always a difficult decision but I realize that GETDPI must conserve some bandwidth and I am appreciative of their hosting our vision.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Old train yards are always a source of color ...

Leica S 006 Hasselblad Tessar 160 F 4.8

Thanks,

Bob

erlingmm

S007: Two from Lyngen, Northern Norway

Aurora Borealis, 16 sec exposure, back-lit by full moon, Leica S007, 24mm

12747853_10153262963301481_84660356194050171_o.jpg

Seascape, Leica S007, 24mm, 2 sec exposure

12771891_10153262963491481_9007755766379423567_o-2.jpg

Last edited:

docmoore

Charlie,

Lovely lovely portrait ... I might brush a few of the stray hairs in post but really a marvelous radiant portrait.

Regards,

Bob

topoxforddoc

Charlie,

Lovely lovely portrait ... I might brush a few of the stray hairs in post but really a marvelous radiant portrait.

Regards,

Bob
Hi Bob,

Thank you very much. One of my best friends has started a new business venture and so I offered to shoot some pics for her and her two colleagues (one of whom is Isabel). I must say that Isabel has what it takes to be a model, but she also has brains with a degree from Cambridge :)

- - - Updated - - -

Aurora Borealis, 16 sec exposure, back-lit by full moon, Leica S007, 24mm

View attachment 116894

Seascape, Leica S007, 24mm, 2 sec exposure

View attachment 116895
Great seascapes and Northern Lights.

- - - Updated - - -

Spring has arrived in Northern Texas ...

Leica S 006 Hasselblad Tessar 160 F 4.8

Thanks,

Bob
Bob,

I like the rusty coloured tanks which go well with the russet colours on the bare trees.