The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Robert Campbell

Spyder
S 006 / 120 @ f/4.0 / ISO 100
I wish that I could have framed this one a bit differently but the light was changing rapidly and cats force one to work with what they have; they simply refuse to pose.
That's the essential difference between dogs and cats; dogs know that you are the master, but cats know that they are and you are merely their servant ;)

JeRuFo

The red looks :angry:eye-scorching hot:angry:, both face and jacket, on my calibrated monitor?

Kirk
That happens sometimes. It has nothing to do with calibration, but with the wide gamut of your monitor and how your browser interprets the image. The image is probably an srgb image without an ICC embedded, so your computer uses your own display profile instead, making everything look a little sunburned.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hmmm.. Looks fine on my laptop, desktop, and NEC wide gamut. The red *was* eye-scorching, but not out-of-gamut. And the man had a very red/orange face. It was the contrast of those colors to the grey stone that caught my eye.

On the other hand, it's a flickr link...

Here's a crop saved straight OOC, i.e., LR defaults, Adobe RGB profile, and uploaded directly to getDPI. How does it look? (Looks about the same on my setup)

--Matt

Last edited:

MGrayson

Back of the Metropolitan Museum. The second attempt at this shot was much sharper, but didn't have the door in the lower left corner. Sometimes composition wins.

S(006), 120/2.5

Water - nice to have that Macro. (Lens is on loan, alas)

--Matt

Last edited:

satybhat

Any experience with the V-adapter here?
I'm poor at Math, so stupid question:

Using a V-S adapter, what is the effective focal length if I use the Hasselblad 250 CFi - V mount lens on the S-006?
I still think in terms of 35mm focal lengths (my brain just works like that) so an equivalent figure in the 135 format would be most helpful.

Many thanks.

Paratom

Using a V-S adapter, what is the effective focal length if I use the Hasselblad 250 CFi - V mount lens on the S-006?
I still think in terms of 35mm focal lengths (my brain just works like that) so an equivalent figure in the 135 format would be most helpful.

Many thanks.
I think the factor should be 1,25 (sensor S I think is 30x45 vs FF 24x36).
So 250 would be equivalent FOV of a 200mm lens on FF.

The viewfinder of the S is very good so as long as subject is not moving manual focusing a lens on the S works well.
I still prefer to use AF in most cases. But then 180mm is the longest focal length with AF for the S.

JeRuFo

Many thanks.
The crop factor is 0.8 to 35mm. So a 100 becomes an 80mm and a 30mm becomes a 24. Your 250 would be like a 200mm on 35mm.

MGrayson

I downloaded that frame making software, but haven't worked out the fonts and vertical offsets yet. In the meantime, it's still flower season, and my last day with the 120/2.5 Macro.

Nothing in Focus and I Don't Care.

Stranger

--Matt

topoxforddoc

Happy Mother's Day All ...

Leica S 006 S 100 F 2

Regards,

Bob
This has got lovely colours and OOF gradation.

- - - Updated - - -

I downloaded that frame making software, but haven't worked out the fonts and vertical offsets yet. In the meantime, it's still flower season, and my last day with the 120/2.5 Macro.

Nothing in Focus and I Don't Care.

Stranger

--Matt
Love the second one particularly

- - - Updated - - -

Back of the Metropolitan Museum. The second attempt at this shot was much sharper, but didn't have the door in the lower left corner. Sometimes composition wins.

S(006), 120/2.5

--Matt
The second shot is great. Love it

pesto

Alas, mine just broke yesterday and I miss it already..:facesmack:

S(006), 120/2.5

--Matt[/QUOTE]

MGrayson

Added the Contax 35, so now I can get about the same picture as the Q only with much more difficulty! This is One Liberty Plaza, which was on the edge of the WTC destruction - no closer building survived.

No desaturation was applied. This is a full color photo of a very B+W scene.

--Matt