The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

Dave,

I love this image!

Matt
Thanks so much, Matt!:):):)

After spending a lot of time in these mountains over the years/decades, this was the first time we visited the Cove well after peak color. And it was the first time ever that we only had enough time for a few hours to enjoy our short visit.

There were so many places that stopped us in our tracks. This one reflected the mood I was in and this image has been re-interpreted in my own mind in several different ways. I have learned to love dark, dramatic skies and stormy weather.:thumbup:

dave.gt

For those who may not know...:)

I do not own a macro lens nor do I have close up filters or anything that a real photographer uses. The Vario 30-90mm lens is a fine lens even at minimum focus distance but I crop as necessary to achieve what I desire and I find the lens very easy to use. It is a joy.

Is it a perfect lens? No. There is no perfect lens or perfect camera.

All of my past Hasselblad florals have been crafted the same way using the 80mm lens. I am very happy with all of the results from both cameras.

My Nikon D2x has a bit faster 50mm 1.8 lens and it requires a different technique but for a "cheap" lens, it gives me images I like.

The Leica S has been an amazing experience though. It is the total experience that I like over all other cameras I have ever used.

Like our grandkids, I love them all individually for who they are. There is no best.

As a grandparent I know that our relationships and the treasures we make and enjoy together are limited only by me and my disabilities as the flawed human being that I am. As a photographer, my treasured images are limited by my disabilities as well, not by the camera or lens I have. I am the weakest link in the chain of crafting from start to finish.

I am certain that I will never master the Leica S 006 so I simply enjoy it for the short time left.:thumbs:

dave.gt

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:

The S is still amazing. Handheld shots like this are getting too easy. So, yesterday, I pulled out the tripod and will be working with that setup from this point on. Pure boredom only.:):):)

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:

The S is still amazing. Handheld shots like this are getting too easy. So, yesterday, I pulled out the tripod and will be working with that setup from this point on. Pure boredom only.:):):)
Speaking of tripods and boredom ... see the tripod thread. :loco:

Matt

dave.gt

Yikes, I just realized how many images I just uploaded from the camera that now need processing!:shocked:

I will be busy for awhile.:thumbup:

dave.gt

Nice Blue Hydrangea surprise this week with a much milder and wetter summer so far.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:

Last edited:

dave.gt

Now, I know there are a lot more Leica S owners and users on this forum.:)

I don't want to continue boring you all with what I do (mostly because we are in quarantine/isolation with no chance of travel). :) So, it would be great to see others posting images and discussions on this marvelous thread, using any Leica S model!:grin:

Edit: IIRC, the great Sahara Desert Dust Storm is due to arrive in the Southeast any day now. That would be perfect for sunrise/sunsets.

Last edited:

dave.gt

Now, I know there are a lot more Leica S owners and users on this forum.:)

I don't want to continue boring you all with what I do (mostly because we are in quarantine/isolation with no chance of travel). :) So, it would be great to see others posting images and discussions on this marvelous thread, using any Leica S model!:grin:

Edit: IIRC, the great Sahara Desert Dust Storm is due to arrive in the Southeast any day now. That would be perfect for sunrise/sunsets.
Forget the dust storm. Turned out to be a bust! Typical weather forecast that was wrong, :banghead:.

Sadly, our quarantine continues with little hope for any breaks. Just wish people would stay home, wear masks, and shorten the misery. Lol, my parents would shake their heads if they could hear the complaining and intolerance of our "misery"... while the death toll is frightening and the hardest thing we have to do to lower the suffering is, very little effort compared to the World Wars and the Great Depression they went through.

So, I won't complain. It is, after all, a great opportunity for creativity!:thumbs:

JMacD

Pul-1002043-Edit-2-Edit-Edit.jpg

This is a 24mm on a 007 from inside a huge sculpture called Joe. SEP2 conversion to B&W

The sky in this setting almost makes it look like it's a shot of the earth from ISS.

ropo54

Nice images! I really should do some b/w conversions, thanks for inspiring me!:thumbup:
Thanks, Dave (GT).

I oftentimes cannot decide whether I prefer the black and white conversions with the S series, so selectively pick some to have fun with.

Regards,
Rob