Site Sponsors
Page 30 of 103 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 5138

Thread: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

  1. #1451
    Senior Member CharlesK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Ashwin, stunning series of images!!! Wow what an amazing place. My favourites here are #5, 6 and 8
    Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

    http://kalnins.zenfolio.com

  2. #1452
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Thanks so much, Charles and Lloyd!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  3. #1453
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Great set Ashwin. I love the one with the ladies washing clothes at dusk and the boat in the background; poignant pic.

  4. #1454
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    I was going to ask how you like that 75 on an M8, cause I'm thinking of picking it up.

    I think this shot answers that question! Wow!

    But any more comments on it?
    First let me thank Yamas, Lloyd, Jason, Steve, David, & Charles for your kind words, they certainly are appreciated.


    Jason, I do love the Voigtlander 75/1.8, the build quality is excellent, lovely colors as well as the black and white, and I enjoy the bokeh that the lens produces.

    . . . . . I will not compare it to a Leica 75mm f/2.0 APO Summicron M Asph. except to say that it is about 1/5th the cost . . . . . and I think it is a very good return for the investment. . . . . .

    Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

    M8.2 with VC 75/1.8


    Control Room Large Lock ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

    M8.2 with VC 75/1.8


    Puget ~ Army Corps of Engineers ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

    M8.2 with VC 75/1.8


    USCGC Henry Blake ~ Lake Union Drydock Co.

    M8.2 with VC 75/1.8

    Other shots taken with the 75/1.8 can be seen here: (the M8.2 photos are on the last page of the set) http://www.flickr.com/photos/2667261...7625202215323/


  5. #1455
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Washing the Rig












    M8.2 with Summicron - M 35mm f2 ASPH


  6. #1456
    Senior Member Mike Woods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Great stuff Ashwin!!! Looking forward to MUCH more. Have a wonderful trip.
    +1, cant wait to see the rest.

    Mike

  7. #1457
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Thanks Lloyd,things will eventually work out for me. It will just take some time. All I care about now are school and photos. Working at a newspaper now gives me a lot of opportunities to shoot which is really nice.

    Thanks Steve, after i shot this, i have no idea until i import it into the computer... i was like "WOWW" this is the one images i am happy with since a long time.

    Thank you DavidE!! I appreciate very much.

    Thank Ashwin, a commpliement from you gives me motivation!!! thank you. The photographs from India are stunning!! Have fun and travel safe!!

  8. #1458
    Member HenryFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images




    M8 / 40mm Summicron

  9. #1459
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by seakayaker View Post
    First let me thank Yamas, Lloyd, Jason, Steve, David, & Charles for your kind words, they certainly are appreciated.


    Jason, I do love the Voigtlander 75/1.8, the build quality is excellent, lovely colors as well as the black and white, and I enjoy the bokeh that the lens produces.

    . . . . . I will not compare it to a Leica 75mm f/2.0 APO Summicron M Asph. except to say that it is about 1/5th the cost . . . . . and I think it is a very good return for the investment. . . . . .
    More nice work, regardless of the lens!

    I have had a VC 75/2.5 Heliar for a number of years, and it's a wonderful little lens. I think it might be better appreciated if it cost a couple thousand $$. I've been curious about the new VC 75/1.8, and your shots have me very tempted, for sure. Looks like a winner. (I enjoyed your shots in the Flickr set too)

    The other set, taken at the fire station is nice as well, BTW.

  10. #1460
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    Thanks Lloyd,things will eventually work out for me. It will just take some time. All I care about now are school and photos. Working at a newspaper now gives me a lot of opportunities to shoot which is really nice.
    The best to you as you work through it, Anthony.

  11. #1461
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryFool View Post



    M8 / 40mm Summicron
    Lovely compositions, nice subtle light. Good work for sure.

  12. #1462
    Member HenryFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    As I brought my Macbook Air with me on the trip, I have been able to do a bit of editing on the fly:

    Classic!

  13. #1463
    Member HenryFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Lovely compositions, nice subtle light. Good work for sure.
    Thanks Lloyd

  14. #1464
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    More nice work, regardless of the lens!

    I have had a VC 75/2.5 Heliar for a number of years, and it's a wonderful little lens. I think it might be better appreciated if it cost a couple thousand $$. I've been curious about the new VC 75/1.8, and your shots have me very tempted, for sure. Looks like a winner. (I enjoyed your shots in the Flickr set too)

    The other set, taken at the fire station is nice as well, BTW.

    Thanks, Lloyd for you kind words.

    I recently sold my copy of the VC 75/2.5 to help with funding the purchase of the M8.2. It is definitely a winner and produces great shots, I did love the lens. It is much smaller, 9.3 vs 15 ounces & filter size of 43 vs 52mm then the 75/1.8 and for most folks would fit more into the rangefinder type of lens. The additional lowlight capability of the 75/1.8 is more of an interest to me and that is why I bought it. In Seattle we have the long dark days of winter to match the long days of light in the summer so for me the 75/1.8 is the choice.

    As an FYI ~ The Medic One photos were taken at Harborview Medical Center. It was founded in the late 60's by the late Gordon Vickery, Chief of the Seattle Fire Department, and Dr. Leonard A. Cobb, a University of Washington cardiologist. Medic One is the premier EMT training and emergency service in the country. The paramedics are trained by University of Washington School of Medicine physicians at Harborview Medical Center and leads the nation for Heart Attack victims survival rate.

  15. #1465
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post



    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    A couple more, from Varanasi, the big city on the Ganges and spiritual home to much of Hinduism:







    This is just the start of my image processing...Much more to come in the weeks ahead. Lots of RAW material to work with, pardon the pun
    Ash...This Is What We've Been Waiting For! Speechless! More Please! Welcome Home Brotha!!!

  16. #1466
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by seakayaker View Post



    Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

    M8.2 with VC 75/1.8



    USCGC Henry Blake ~ Lake Union Drydock Co.

    M8.2 with VC 75/1.8

    Other shots taken with the 75/1.8 can be seen here: (the M8.2 photos are on the last page of the set) http://www.flickr.com/photos/2667261...7625202215323/

    Quote Originally Posted by seakayaker View Post
    Washing the Rig





    M8.2 with Summicron - M 35mm f2 ASPH

    Dan, Quality Shooting & Set!

  17. #1467
    Senior Member sjg284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    We continue to battle mother nature here in NY. 1 more inch and its the snowiest January ever.
    M8 & 35cron v2





    blog
    steve

  18. #1468
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Great images Ashwin, looking forward to more!

    What a wonderful experience. Gary P
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    A couple more, from Varanasi, the big city on the Ganges and spiritual home to much of Hinduism:







    This is just the start of my image processing...Much more to come in the weeks ahead. Lots of RAW material to work with, pardon the pun

  19. #1469
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    We continue to battle mother nature here in NY. 1 more inch and its the snowiest January ever.
    M8 & 35cron v2



    Steve...Another Foot Coming Wed & Thurs into Boston! Nice set showing the Misery!

  20. #1470
    Senior Member thrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    OK! Catchup time.

    Great sunsets Lloyd!
    Well done with the 12mm David, it's very hard to compose interesting shots that wide and you've done a great job.
    Bill, amazing scene with so many birds
    Keith, that looks like an amazing place to have a holiday well done on all 3 shots.
    ace, excellent candid portraits, thanks for sharing!
    I really like the mood on that shot with the 25 Skopar Mike, it's always good to try something different.
    Peter, well done capturing the maternal moment, great tones and colours in that shot.
    Anthony, nice greenery, makes me miss New Zealand
    Intimate portrait Jason, thanks for sharing it.
    Charles, nice to see the weather has cleared up (although it looks to change again soon), nice beach portraits.
    Dan, fantastic morning fog, mount fuji?
    Love the symmetry on that bird sanctuary shot Keith.
    Anthony, great family portraits!
    Matt, great high-key city/tree-scape
    Ashwin, great photo-journalism - as always!

    I have one shot from today, unfortunately the storm isn't due until tomorrow, so I had slightly lackluster skies, but got a shot or two out of it



    M9 - 18mm ZM distagon

  21. #1471
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    seakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Steve...Another Foot Coming Wed & Thurs into Boston! Nice set showing the Misery!

    . . . . . my daughter was late on her arrival into the world, as a college student my wife and I sat in the apartment snow bound during the blizzard of '78. Then I believe it was during the winter of '92/93 that Boston had over 100" of snow. The car was buried by the end of November and did not drive it again until early April . . . . . City living at its finest in the Northeast.

    I don't miss not having to shovel snow, and yes there is a lot of misty overcast days in Seattle but you do not have to shovel rain!

    Good luck getting through the winter.

    Winter days in Seattle are more representative by the following in comparison to back east . . . . .

    Railroad Bridge ~ SV Red Sheilla after passing through the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

    M8.2 with CV75/1.8

    Red Sheilla ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

    M8.2 with CV75/1.8

    Rails & Lines ~ Red Sheilla ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

    M8.2 with CV75/1.8



  22. #1472
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    I have one shot from today, unfortunately the storm isn't due until tomorrow, so I had slightly lackluster skies, but got a shot or two out of it

    M9 - 18mm ZM distagon
    Yeah, you got a shot... lackluster skies notwithstanding. Wonderful work... as always, Daniel.

  23. #1473
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by seakayaker View Post

    . . . . . my daughter was late on her arrival into the world, as a college student my wife and I sat in the apartment snow bound during the blizzard of '78. Then I believe it was during the winter of '92/93 that Boston had over 100" of snow. The car was buried by the end of November and did not drive it again until early April . . . . . City living at its finest in the Northeast.

    I don't miss not having to shovel snow, and yes there is a lot of misty overcast days in Seattle but you do not have to shovel rain!

    Good luck getting through the winter.

    Winter days in Seattle are more representative by the following in comparison to back east . . . . .

    Railroad Bridge ~ SV Red Sheilla after passing through the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks

    M8.2 with CV75/1.8
    I have to admit, I'm originally from Boston, and much as I LOVE the place, I really don't miss the weather!!

    Great shots, Dan. I really love this first one. The reflections in the water are terrific.

  24. #1474
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woods View Post
    +1, cant wait to see the rest.

    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryFool View Post

    M8 / 40mm Summicron

    a beautiful shot there. Love it.
    the mood... exactly how i feel right now.

  25. #1475
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    OK! Catchup time.

    Great sunsets Lloyd!
    Well done with the 12mm David, it's very hard to compose interesting shots that wide and you've done a great job.
    Bill, amazing scene with so many birds
    Keith, that looks like an amazing place to have a holiday well done on all 3 shots.
    ace, excellent candid portraits, thanks for sharing!
    I really like the mood on that shot with the 25 Skopar Mike, it's always good to try something different.
    Peter, well done capturing the maternal moment, great tones and colours in that shot.
    Anthony, nice greenery, makes me miss New Zealand
    Intimate portrait Jason, thanks for sharing it.
    Charles, nice to see the weather has cleared up (although it looks to change again soon), nice beach portraits.
    Dan, fantastic morning fog, mount fuji?
    Love the symmetry on that bird sanctuary shot Keith.
    Anthony, great family portraits!
    Matt, great high-key city/tree-scape
    Ashwin, great photo-journalism - as always!

    I have one shot from today, unfortunately the storm isn't due until tomorrow, so I had slightly lackluster skies, but got a shot or two out of it



    M9 - 18mm ZM distagon
    This blow my mind.

  26. #1476
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    As I brought my Macbook Air with me on the trip, I have been able to do a bit of editing on the fly:

    Wow, an amazing set (as always), Ashwin. Looking forward to more great photos. Have a safe and rewarding journey.

  27. #1477
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryFool View Post



    M8 / 40mm Summicron
    Two fine photos. I especially like the subdued lighting and muted colors.

  28. #1478
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    We continue to battle mother nature here in NY. 1 more inch and its the snowiest January ever.
    M8 & 35cron v2

    Excellent set, Steve. Really like the lateral composition with this one.

  29. #1479
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post


    M9 - 18mm ZM distagon
    Absolutely amazing, Daniel. I love your wide-angle shore shots.

    It was shots like this with your 12mm that convinced me I should give the 12mm a try.

  30. #1480
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesK View Post
    David, love your WA shots Wish I could see these shots like you do!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    As always, David, great stuff. The first and last make the shots with the 24 look like a "normal" by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    Well done with the 12mm David, it's very hard to compose interesting shots that wide and you've done a great job.
    Thanks Charles, Lloyd, and Daniel. Very much appreciated.

  31. #1481
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Two more from Vegas. This time with the 24 lux.





  32. #1482
    Senior Member danlindberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spain & Sweden
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Alpa FPS MAX TC | Alpagon 32Hr | Helvetar 75 | Schneider 120N | Leaf Aptus II 5 Leaf Credo 60 | www.danlindberg.com

  33. #1483
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruce Peninsula, Canada
    Posts
    2,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    184

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Nice one, Dan - and very original!
    Bill

  34. #1484
    Senior Member sjg284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    David, Steve - Thanks! Good to get out there again.. the temperatures were above 30F (barely) so I was motivated.
    blog
    steve

  35. #1485
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Two more from Vegas. This time with the 24 lux.
    See, you even have mastery over the telephotos!!

  36. #1486
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    Nice one, Dan - and very original!
    Bill
    Big +1 from me.

  37. #1487
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    David, Steve - Thanks! Good to get out there again.. the temperatures were above 30F (barely) so I was motivated.
    I too enjoyed those shots, Steve. I must say, I was impressed by all the snow, compared to my native Boston, I always thought New York, were I worked for a number of years, had relatively mild weather. Never in all my time there did I experience anything like what you've got now. Thanks for sharing.

  38. #1488
    Senior Member sjg284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    844
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Thanks Lloyd, it's been quite the year. More flurries tonight but don't think we will be hitting the record (1 inch shy of snowiest January ever in NYC).

    M8 & 50lux v1

    This guy had some work to do


    Bus stop.. snow is almost bus-size, you can see the people there for scale


    It does bring a sort of calm over the city though..
    blog
    steve

  39. #1489
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    Thanks Lloyd, it's been quite the year. More flurries tonight but don't think we will be hitting the record (1 inch shy of snowiest January ever in NYC).

    M8 & 50lux v1
    More great shots, Steve. Man, that ver 1 lux has a nice glow.

  40. #1490
    Senior Member CharlesK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Daniel, thanks Stunning evening beach shot!!! Love your work with the WA.
    Dan, Seakayaker, nice series of shots!
    Dan Lindberg, superb shot! Simplicity in seeing the form and composition of the shot!
    David, great WA shots again! Love #2
    Steve, very nice shots. The 50 Lux does have that beautiful glow to the shots
    Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

    http://kalnins.zenfolio.com

  41. #1491
    Cancelledreality
    Guest

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Wow guys, great images.

    Here is an old one from me, as I do not have camera at the moment...

    M8 and 28 cron.


  42. #1492
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Ash...This Is What We've Been Waiting For! Speechless! More Please! Welcome Home Brotha!!!
    Ashwin: +1! Exceeding my high expectations!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  43. #1493
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesK View Post
    Some shots from this afternoon, with horses in Innisplains!
    All with the 75 Lux and the M9
    Charles: Thanks! The mall's not as nice as Innisplains. Beautiful set of photos. This one just makes me want to reach out and pet the horse.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  44. #1494
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Like the partition,color & comp! Nice grab Matt!
    Steve: Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Grubby weather
    Grey January Day
    f0.95

    all the best
    Jono: Congratulations on the "accident" and nicely done images. The focus, color and texture in this one really suits my mood (same grubby gray day here).

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  45. #1495
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    Cold weekend spent indoors here.. a few shots from last night
    m8 & 50lux pre-ash v1
    This drink was.. complex.

    and earlier in the week
    m8 & 90 elmarit v1
    Homemade Blood Orange Marmalade
    Steve: Nice set of photos. I like this composition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Had a tough day at work on Friday. Decided to get away early. Drove up on the foothills overlooking the valley just to sit and think. Was rewarded with quite a show. Totally unexpected, but it did make me feel better. Here's a sample.

    M8, 90 Elmarit, 9 image stitch in PS5:
    Lloyd: Thanks! Beautiful vista to contemplate on!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woods View Post
    M8/35 'cron from today:

    And a couple from yesterday, River Severn (and offshoot) between England and Wales:

    Regards
    Mike
    Mike: The body language and facial expressions in this first one are great! Also, pretty landscapes.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Bill: Great catch! B & W's a good choice.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  46. #1496
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    I've enjoyed all your new Noctilux photos, Jono, but this one especially speaks to me. The interplay between the in-focus and out-of-focus areas is inspiring.
    Jono: +1! Shouldn't their positions be reversed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Another from Friday. Opposite side of the valley.
    M8, 90 Elmarit, Six shot stitch:
    Lloyd: Inspiringly beautiful!

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    A fine one, Matt.
    I had to do a double-take to be sure the one on the left (our left) wasn't a mannequin. Guess I should get out more.
    David: Thanks! Maybe a little too much make-up?

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  47. #1497
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    LOVE this second one, David. Stellar!
    (Also, you must have been awfully close to that roller coaster to get a shot like that first one with a 12mm!)
    David: +1! I, also, esp. like this second one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    That's a beauty, Michael. Looks warm... a far cry from here just now. And, that look like they've got ample crew to sail that thing.
    Michael: +1! Great light and color.

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Here's one with the WATE using the 16mm setting.

    David: You really make those wide angles sing!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  48. #1498
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Few from the beach

    Quote Originally Posted by YamasDigital View Post
    Impressive work by all; I hope to achieve the skills that all of the contributors have since it can't be the or camera
    90 f2 asph at f3.4:
    at 2.8:
    50 1.4 asph at 1.7, 1/4 sec:

    Thanks for looking and for the inspiration!
    Keith
    Keith: Hard not to like the first two. This last is model-like with the low angle and the OOF foreground. Pretty cool.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  49. #1499
    Senior Member CharlesK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Matt... Thank you
    Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

    http://kalnins.zenfolio.com

  50. #1500
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    OK! Catchup time.

    Great sunsets Lloyd!
    Well done with the 12mm David, it's very hard to compose interesting shots that wide and you've done a great job.
    Bill, amazing scene with so many birds
    Keith, that looks like an amazing place to have a holiday well done on all 3 shots.
    ace, excellent candid portraits, thanks for sharing!
    I really like the mood on that shot with the 25 Skopar Mike, it's always good to try something different.
    Peter, well done capturing the maternal moment, great tones and colours in that shot.
    Anthony, nice greenery, makes me miss New Zealand
    Intimate portrait Jason, thanks for sharing it.
    Charles, nice to see the weather has cleared up (although it looks to change again soon), nice beach portraits.
    Dan, fantastic morning fog, mount fuji?
    Love the symmetry on that bird sanctuary shot Keith.
    Anthony, great family portraits!
    Matt, great high-key city/tree-scape
    Ashwin, great photo-journalism - as always!

    I have one shot from today, unfortunately the storm isn't due until tomorrow, so I had slightly lackluster skies, but got a shot or two out of it



    M9 - 18mm ZM distagon
    When is your Gallery Exhibit coming to Boston Daniel? Your always on Top Of Your Game!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •