Site Sponsors
Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 5138

Thread: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Thanks Matt and Ashwin

Ashwin: I like the silhouettes at sunset; looks like you had a great time; I would love to go away and take great photos like you have. Too bad, there's the day job to contend with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Mike, I missed these earlier. Nice job, espeically with the window shot!
    Thanks Ashwin. Loving your India series. This one from your recent posting is beautiful:
    [QUOTE=ashwinrao1;289127]

And this made me smile. Looks like prayer time!

Regards

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ashwinrao1;289128

all are great!

endre

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Photojazz View Post
    Thanks guys, it is a nice set of doors, I like the shot too, I had to shoot something, but dangit it was cold out last night, I didn't last to long at 8-9 PM out. My fingerless gloves would have helped, I didn't realize they were in the car until I got home. oops.

Sometimes, it's cold, it just doesn't feel that cold, then other times, it does. It took me 10 minutes in the truck to warm up I think and I was only out for like 10-15 minutes tops. It's always the hands as a shooter, you know?

I like the door series, I may do some more of those. Create a collection of them.

35 Cron telephoto. ROFL. note how the blades are aligned perfectly, that takes skill guys...

I gave a preview of 2 shots at another forum, I see a few of you around too.

I thought it might be interesting to cross test input. I'd been wanting to shoot this scene for a while. So, without further fanfare:

Keep in mind, the processing was different for these two shots. I let me creative touch guide what I did for each one, right or wrong.
    Doug, Magnificent Work! Your Becoming One With The Machine!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceh View Post
    Incredible Old World Feel C!
    Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    Another of the new pup and some of her handy work. M9, CV 12. And that little book all torn up is indeed my 5DmkII manual. Buying a crate today....

Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    Dunno. We found her on the street. Just a happy puppy who needed a home. We think there is some lab and pit bull, but who knows? Here's a more "descriptive" shot of her.

James, Love Em!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    3 from me..
    M8 | ZM25/2.8 | Silver Efex Pro

Steve, Always Great Street With Superb PP!!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Still rummaging through the old files to see if there's anything half decent.

The first three were shot with the Voigtlander 12mm. The fourth was shot with the 50 lux.

That's me at the bottom of the first one, so I guess it qualifies as a self-portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    The show outside the show. NYC Fashion Week. M9 & Summilux 50 asph, most pictures cropped.
    nice images Sig (Steve).

like your architectural shots David.

X1 phone art...

When that new to come Fuji delivers like this X1 shot, let me know...

My gosh what isn't in this image, industrial plant, row housing with a plastics/chemical plant in the backyard, kudzu, just about everything. What a great place. (rolling eyes) And oh yeah, I hope you don't plan on sleeping, because there's a freaking train about every 15 minutes.

And cropped heavily:

Good Gracious Gentlemen! Downright Smokin Work!!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RF_Licks View Post
    Very nice shots from this and the previous page everyone!

Found a few more with the 35CronIV from last year.

Joe

Joe, Teach Me All Your Secrets Today In Boston! Nice Work! See You In An Hour!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ash, This Is Some Of The BEST Photography I Have EVER SEEN! Every Shot Is Mind Blowing! Bravo!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin, congratulations to your fabulous India Series. Simply stunning and inspiring

Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin - You've posted so many excellent images here. I've really enjoyed looking through them. Too many to comment on each, but from the latest batch the single man in the water looking away from the camera was great. Inspirational photographs.
    ---------------
    Steve
    www.finesart.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin, that was one heck of a summary! Thanks, I also somehow missed David's fine photos, wow, awesome.

Ashwin, I am speechless on that last photo. heh. the monkeys, eating seeds of some kind? Really interested in whatever it is.

I always love seeing international shots.

I call that last shot a hail mary Steve, hold the cam up high over barb wire fence, guestimate your field of view, and snap. Then see what you got when you get home. I mostly wanted to document how this looked, not that it's some beautiful shot, but it is nothing if not interesting array of things in one shot. That one 24mm lens can capture so much detail afar, amazes me. That will be the difference maker for the X1, the 2.8 Elmerit! That's what so many people don't mention when they think X1...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy Cow! So much magic here since my last visit, I hardly know where to start!

Doug: Nice shot of the helicopter with the power lines, and i like the old gas station. I usually go for b/w on shots like that, but I think I prefer the color here. Nice shots with the X1 as well. Great color.

James: Cute new pup, and great work with the 12mm. Does C1 now take the place of Cornerfix?

CEH: Love the shot of the old woman. Timeless feel.

Steve Gomes: Beautiful b/w work. Looks like you've been delivered from all the snow, eh?

David: More wide magic! Great b/w. BTW, I loved the color images you posted earlier. Really great stuff.

Retow: Great shots from Fashion Week. Love the light in these. I wonder if the blonde with the big smile has the rest of the word on tattoo'd on her left had. The right has P R I N, maybe the left has C E S S? Go find her and let us know will ya?

Joe: Nice street work, in those shot from last year. That last one has a very HCB feel to it.

Ashwin: Man, what an experience... and what AMAZING photography! I can't begin to single anything out really... incredible color, subject separation, etc., etc., etc. I can tell you that Mimi was blown away by these, truly. I do wonder about the guy in the boat taking pix essentially right in the faces of the men at the river. Maybe I'm weird, but what he's doing (at least the manner he's doing it) seems disrespectful. Just my take on that. Anyway, I hope there's a book in the offing. Put me on the list!!

Hope I haven't missed anyone. I haven't seen anything I didn't like, so please know my failure to comment was pure oversight.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the comments on my "Killing time at Costco" shots. And as to the "weird light" in Costco, I tried to figure out the color temp, but found that Auto WB worked best.

Lloyd, surprised they let you shoot inside the store, places are funny about this stuff for a few reasons I guess. Every commercial place I have been in seems funny about any photos being taken. Maybe they just didn't see you shooting. Of course, with today's cell generation, goodluck stopping photography.
    In answer to your question, Doug. I haven't asked if it's ok. I've shot there a number of times, but always try to be discreet. I don't try to hide my camera, and I'm sure the size of the Leica helps a lot; can't imagine I wouldn't be confronted if I was packing the D3. But, I also generally don't just walk around taking pix. I'm usually pushing a shopping cart, or with my wife while she is, etc. (The other day, at pushed a cart, and even placed a few items in it, but had no intention of buying anything. I eventually put them back, and walked out when I was done.) I've even pushed my granddaughter around in the cart when shooting. No one has ever questioned my shooting her, so then I can shoot other things discreetly.

I have been asked not to shoot in a couple of stores. And when asked, I stop. In one case, they told me I could shoot, but asked that I not take pictures of their marketing materials: posters, signs, etc. In another case, I was shown the door... even though I had actual purchases I wanted to make! Went back about 30 minutes later and bought the stuff. The person who had asked me to leave checked me out at the register, and I don't think she even remembered me. It was a busy day at the store.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for your kind words! It's quite a wonderful thing to be able to share and sense the community that has been in place here, and one that continues to evolve positively!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, so many amazing photos!

Ashwin, you have to put these in a book or gallery show.

Post Thanks / Like

More rummaging through old files to fill the time between trips.

The first two were shot with the 24 lux. The third was shot with the 50 lux.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    3 from me..
    M8 | ZM25/2.8 | Silver Efex Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice shots from this and the previous page everyone!

Found a few more with the 35CronIV from last year.

Joe

absolutely best..

Post Thanks / Like

Still rummaging through the old files to see if there's anything half decent.

The first three were shot with the Voigtlander 12mm. The fourth was shot with the 50 lux.

That's me at the bottom of the first one, so I guess it qualifies as a self-portrait.
    G]
    ..this one

Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin,
    Thy series of images is exceptional

Post Thanks / Like

short photo journey today. Really short, I only took like 9-10 photos.

From a local park overlooking Ft Loudon Lake, or Tennessee River, essentially...

The entry for the old neighborhood (elite area homes valued at 1+ million in here) where the park/rivershot is located. quite pleased with how this shot came out... The former University owned President's home is located here, University has for sale, something like 5-6 million I think. Maintenance alone runs 150K a year on the property.

Pitty I blotched the framing on this shot, but I still like it.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, time passes quickly and the photographs pages fill up fast . . . . .

Edmund, a fantastic shot the 'Spiral Staircase' in Barcelona! Wonderful!
    Photojazz, love the photoshop version of the 2318 locomotive. The B&W with the crisscross wires works well. ~ Both the B&W and Color version of the 'Dent' gas station is quite lovely, nice work on both! . . . . . also the double red doors work very well!
    RFLicks, the bathroom fixtures shot is very nice, I am drawn into the photo by the lines, circles, round and sharp edges. Nicely done.
    Steve, the bling portrait as many have already commented about is a wonderful photograph! Love the earring with the contrasting light in his eye . . . . . a very special shot! ~ Also nice B&W series with the Zeiss ZM 25/2.8, love the middle shot with the women in the fur coat walking down the street.
    Yamas, beautiful shots from Maui! Number four is my favorite . . . . .
    Lloyd, fantastic shots in Cosco! I love the man on the phone who appears to be taking directions on picking out flowers, then making the choice. ( . . . . . been there, done that) ~ also, the landscape shot with the CV 21/4 is enough encouragement for me to consider picking up one of these lens when the moment and price is right.
    DaveE, Beautiful composition with the 12mm, a master with the super wide! Love the colors produced with the 24 Lux, stunning! ~ also, really enjoy the BW shot (self portrait) produced with the 12mm!
    Matt, where is the chocolate bakery in Seattle! The photos set off the sweet tooth alarm just looking at all the good (bad) choices! . . . . . you need to include the address when you post those shots . . . . .
    Retow, wonderful shots, crisp 3D look, love the head shots as well as the alphabet bag!
    Ceh, your photographs are simply amazing, between this and the S2 thread you post one stellar shot after another, thanks for sharing!
    Ashwin, thanks for taking us all on tour with you during your recent trip to India. Like many others have commented, just a wonderful collection of photographs you have shared with us all. There are many favorites but the elephant photos really stuck out for me. This one in particular!

Love the color, the detail of the elephant's eye, skin detail and whiskers, the size of the rope around his neck, the man between the two animals, lots to take in with this single shot, simply amazing!

Thanks everyone!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Saturday in Seattle, a typical day for what most folks think of our weather in Pacific Northwest!

Heavy Rain at the 'Black Sun' ~ Volunteer Park

M8.2 with the Voigtlander 40/1.4

. . . . . then move indoors for a little color . . . . .

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

. . . . . then Sunday arrives and the 'typical day' in Seattle has simply disappeared!

M8.2 with Voigtlander 40/1.4

Post Thanks / Like

TY Dan, much! I love seeing shots of Seattle, that's not the Sleepless house on water, is it?

Post Thanks / Like

A few more India caps....getting to the end of my initial pass through. 1 SD card left

Stunning Ashwin!

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seakayaker View Post
    . . . . . then Sunday arrives and the 'typical day' in Seattle has simply disappeared!

Beautiful shots Dan!

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words, Steve, Lloyd, Ceh, Dan. Hope I didn't miss anyone out. Much appreciated.
    Such a privilege to be part of this great forum!
    ----
    Had a great time shooting with a fellow GetDPI member today. Awesome guy!

Joe

First set. M9 35Lux ASPH

Post Thanks / Like

Second set
    M9 35Lux ASPH

Joe

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, these are great! Well composed, and the clarity is great!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words, Steve, Lloyd, Ceh, Dan. Hope I didn't miss anyone out. Much appreciated.
    Such a privilege to be part of this great forum!
    ----
    Had a great time shooting with a fellow GetDPI member today. Awesome guy!

Joe

First set. M9 35Lux ASPH

I think I know that guy!

What fun you must have had together! I miss that pair! Wish I could have been there with ya!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Dan, these reflection shots are inspired. Great stuff all of them! It was nice to see the sun out, but alas, it has gone back to rainy rainy rainy. Glad you had a nice window to shoot, though you seem to handle the rain fine...very Seattle of ya!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, so many amazing photos!

Ashwin, you have to put these in a book or gallery show.
    Thanks, David. I think this will be the plan! A blurb book, maybe soon, and a show is in the works here in Seattle!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin: More awesomeness! I'm going to have to scroll through them again on a bigger monitor.

Seakyaker/Joe/Steve(cameo appearance)/Ceh/David/Jklotz/Doug/Steve(the other one)/anybody I missed: Great, disparate, except in their excellence, photos! Thank you all.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Second set
    M9 35Lux ASPH

Joe

Joe, love the Boston shots, could almost make me homesick, except for the cold weather, and the snow, and rush hour traffic . . . . . and the non-rush hour traffic!

Love the look of the police officer in your 3rd photo, he looks as he is getting a little annoyed at having his picture taken. Wonderful colors and sharp, the 4th photo is great, love the police command staff with the Dragon keeping them company.

Looks like you guys had a great day!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lotus Temple

A Boy and his Bird

Tug of War...

India Gate in the distance...

Flower power?
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

And to top off the random assortment, dragonflies and butterflies...

India has got these guys too...

The buggers were shot with a 90 mm Macro elmar, though no macro attachment was available...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, Ashwin, thank you for your kind words, always appreciated.

. . . . . a couple more from Saturday . . .

M8.2 with Voigtlander 40/1.4 SC

. . and Sunday . . . . .

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

And to top off the random assortment, dragonflies and butterflies...

India has got these guys too...

The buggers were shot with a 90 mm Macro elmar, though no macro attachment was available...
    Ashwin, another couple of great sets of photographs!

Love the detail and bokeh in the first two butterfly shots, it really is pleasing to the eye!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful shots Dan!

Joe
    +1, especially the first.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Really do enjoy your travel photos Ashwin.

Some colour and IR from the South-West region of Western Australia.

The more developed jetty is a pano with the 50mm C-Sonnar,
    the small jetty is a single shot with the 25mm ZM Biogon,
    the rocky IR scene is a pano with the 25mm ZM,
    the pano with the orange rocks on the right is with the 35mm 1.2 Voigtlander,
    All other shots with the 18mm ZM Distagon

Post Thanks / Like

Simply beautiful, love these water reflections.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post

Holy crap, these are spectacular - the colour ones in particular are jaw-dropping. I was about to post some landscape/waterfall shots, but they now look positively mediocre

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

There's so many great shots posted, just don't know what to comment on, Thrice, nice scapes, Dan, the water shots are great. those reflections look sort of lik tennicles to me. Pretty cool

Ashwin, nice work, the boy with the bird, no glove? looks like that bird could get painful! That's my favorite shot of this series.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, lot's of good stuff here as of recent. It's always fun to come here and see what folks have been up to after a little while away. Ashwin, one thing that is apparent to me, after seeing your work for some time now, is how you seem to be really maturing as an artist. That's always cool to see.

Post Thanks / Like

A few from this weekend, M8 and a mix of 35 'Cron and 25 CV:

Regards

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I think I know that guy!

What fun you must have had together! I miss that pair! Wish I could have been there with ya!
    Thanks Ashwin! You should try to come over here next year! Would be fun!

I'm continually impressed with your India series, exceptional and these last set are excellent as well All great, I like the "Tug of War" one very much! .

----
    Dan, thanks for the comments! You should come "home" sometime? Love both the boat shots you just posted! Very nice.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post

Daniel, wow! Exceptional as always, you're really in your element shooting landscapes.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woods View Post
    A few from this weekend, M8 and a mix of 35 'Cron and 25 CV:

Regards

Mike
    Mike, these are all really nice, like the mood of the tones on #2 and 4

Joe