The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Wow, Ashwin, the entire series is absolutely amazing!

Each of the photos has a serenely balanced composition. There's so much depth, they almost have a 3D feel (with no glasses needed). Best of all, they show a great respect for the individuals and their environment.

Very inspiring. These are some of the best images ever posted to this thread.
Thank you so much, David. Your images have served as inspiration on many accounts for much of the same reasons that you write about mine. Thanks so much, my friend!

ashwinrao1

Ashwin, beautiful photos from India! Simply outstanding!

. . . . . are you aware there is trouble on the home front, consecutive loses to the cougars and beavers . . . . . with the ducks up next . . . . .

Go Huskies!
Dan, thank you so much. Your images from around Seattle show it in a wonderful light. I was looking while in Kerala at this thread, and seeing your photos of Seattle made me quite homesick (in a good way). I am back home now, and sadly all to aware of our Husky Basketball Team's follies....too inconsistent. They have so much talent, but consistency is what may do them in....

We should get together one of these days! Hope all's well!

Lloyd

Ashwin, I don't even know where to begin. The Taj Mahal images are very interesting, because that's not what we tend to see in pix of the place. "Holy Cow"... well, I saw that and thought, "holy cow!". The image of the folks by the river with the corporate logos on the bags they're carrying is very interesting. Branding is ubiquitous now, and that's sort of funny, and very much a shame at the same time. I love the people pix especially, because that is the soul of India. And the Varanasi Puja shots are spectacular. Thanks again for sharing.

Photojazz

Thanks on my humble photo of the hardhat Ashwin. I want to shoot more so bad. Rain continues, but I will find something to shoot today anyway.

is that what they call line dancing Ashwin? ;) Interesting photos, thanks for sharing. Wow, I just made it back through your set, some powerful stuff here, awesome job. The one of the small Woman spreading out things, great, and this last black and white, quite nice. Well, there are so many, I can't cover them all.

Like Lloyd, I felt the Gap logo was out of place, it was interesting, yet at same time, took away from a image that has a past tense conotation, but it is what it is, it's real life, we take it all.

ashwinrao1

Thanks Lloyd, Photojazz, Joe, Cary, and Henry!

It's great that the images ring true for you all.

As for my gear used, I took a 24 lux, 35 Lux II, 50 lux asph, and 90 macro-elmar with me to India, along with 1 M9. I also used an X1, but didn't take as many shots (nor have I get posted any).

That will come soon, as the X1 was more of a back up for me...but a relatively worthy one!

C

Cancelledreality

Ashwin, these are all fantastic images from a beautiful place. :thumbup: