The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

LOL. Thanks Matt. Not, not the front porch. But that mountain with the snow on it in the distance is the "front porch" mountain. I think that counts. :thumbup:
Lloyd: I missed that! I was thinking you had a mobile front porch. :D

Thanks Matt.
I'm using the same software as before (Lightroom 3 and Viveza 2).
I think what's different is that I'm more willing to live with some grain in a color photo, as long as grain isn't visible in other parts of the photo. I'm also experimenting with the noise reduction settings in Lightroom, which I hadn't done before.
David: I like it. That was what I was seeing: a little difference in the grain.

Matt, ive got 3 strict weeks in on the diet! This Aint Helping!:D Delicious!:)
Darnit, I am hungry too...
Steve/Ashwin/Lloyd: Thanks! Steve, they're just pixels. Stick to your diet. Ashwin, it's Chocolati, just up the street from your house on 45th! Lloyd: always room for a "Cayenne Truffle".

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Photojazz

Thanks guys, it is a nice set of doors, I like the shot too, I had to shoot something, but dangit it was cold out last night, I didn't last to long at 8-9 PM out. My fingerless gloves would have helped, I didn't realize they were in the car until I got home. oops.

Sometimes, it's cold, it just doesn't feel that cold, then other times, it does. It took me 10 minutes in the truck to warm up I think and I was only out for like 10-15 minutes tops. It's always the hands as a shooter, you know?

I like the door series, I may do some more of those. Create a collection of them.

35 Cron telephoto. ROFL. note how the blades are aligned perfectly, that takes skill guys... ;)

Photojazz

I gave a preview of 2 shots at another forum, I see a few of you around too. ;)

I thought it might be interesting to cross test input. I'd been wanting to shoot this scene for a while. So, without further fanfare:

Keep in mind, the processing was different for these two shots. I let me creative touch guide what I did for each one, right or wrong.

jklotz

Now that C1 Pro will let me use the LCC to correct the red edges, I have started to use the CV 12 on the M9. It's really a fun combination. Here's the new pup.

jklotz

Another of the new pup and some of her handy work. M9, CV 12. And that little book all torn up is indeed my 5DmkII manual. Buying a crate today....

Photojazz

bummer on the manual JK. I only let my Sheltie as far as the laundry room/work area, he cannot come into my house, even if he was clean enough, is track record at tearing things up precedes him, and he's not a pup.

Interesting "pawception" ;) oh badddd. what breed is he, I am having a difficult time distinguishing. Lab? If so, my one Lab I had when a pup chewed up tin cans and anything else in her domain. Shelties chewed water hoses in half, lawn furniture up. It never ends.

jklotz

Interesting "pawception" ;) oh badddd. what breed is he, I am having a difficult time distinguishing. Lab? If so, my one Lab I had when a pup chewed up tin cans and anything else in her domain. Shelties chewed water hoses in half, lawn furniture up. It never ends.
Dunno. We found her on the street. Just a happy puppy who needed a home. We think there is some lab and pit bull, but who knows? Here's a more "descriptive" shot of her.

Photojazz

I almost thought I could see some pit bull in her, but also lab. I'd say your guestimate is probably correct if I was a betting man. I'm not a pit fan, I hope the lab is dominant of mix for you. regardless, if kids around, always keep in mind that pit potential. There are to many horrible stories where people say, he was always a great dog, right up until the time he... I was bitten once by a Pit puppy, so, I do have strongerfeelings about the dogs than some people probably. I realize doens't make them always bad dogs, but for me personally, I'd never trust one. I suppose that is understandable, and in my opinion, they should never be allowed off leash. (the thoroughbreds I mean for sure)

jklotz

Yes, I thought about that. There isn't an aggressive bone in her body, with other dogs or people, but I still keep an eye out. My guess is the lab gene is predominant, but I keep her on a leash anyway.