The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

thrice

Thanks again Lloyd and Steve :D

One more before I go to bed, this one is a 20 image stitch with the 75mm Summicron:

Love that M9 shadow latitude!

m_driscoll

Matt, very nice shots! Love the 24 Lux :)
Charles: Thank you, sir! :D

Without camera (sent to Solms for calibration) I suppose the next best thing is to browse raw files and post something here :)
Dan: Nice browsing! The framing and tonality of this one's exceptional :thumbup:

ceh: Terrific dynamic spontaneity! :thumbup:

Ah The Dreaded Line! Nice Vision Matt! Always Thinking!
Hope you guys dont mind me bringing the first image over here from the other thread...
Steve: Thanks! :D

No problema. Saves us the trouble of going over to the other thread to admire it! conservation of energy. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thankyou Steve, Charles and Matt.

Great intimate portrait that first one Steve, a lot of expression in his face.

Matt, I use a Nodal Ninja 3, nice cheap, light and compact pano head, but everything has to be set manually including each movement. There are notches and measurement markings to help you get it moderately accurate though.

I hope people don't mind, here are re-renderings of those first two images using planar projections so that there is less distortion. Sadly autopano giga makes more mistakes than photoshop, it's just a shame photoshop cannot do planar projections to save it's life.
Also, some live music shots from last night (all 50 C-Sonnar wide open):
Daniel: I think I prefer the first set. Although, there's certainly less distortion in the second one. 48 images manually! That's commendable dedication and creativity. I really like the framing and the "softness" (non-pejorative) of the drummer. It has a great dynamic. :thumbs:

Matt: These are terrific! Love the mix of warm and cool light, and the geometric shapes work so well.
Lloyd: Thanks! :D

Cheers, Matt

DavidE

I thought I'd start this off right... with a shot of my favorite photographic subject. Playing around with lighting ideas tonight.

M8, 90 Elmarit @ f11, ISO 160:
Oh, wow, what an amazing start to the new thread! Love the composition and color. Lloyd, your wife must be very happy with this one.

If I show this to my wife, she'll want me to come up with something as good. Since there's no way I could even get close to this, I won't show it to her. Problem solved. :)

CharlesK

Without camera (sent to Solms for calibration) I suppose the next best thing is to browse raw files and post something here
Dan...Great composition!!!

Ceh, really like this shot!!!

Hope you guys dont mind me bringing the first image over here from the other thread...

M9 & 90 Cron asph
Steve, amazing shots ... !

Newseum in Washington, DC. Cheers, Matt.
M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/1500s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

Matt, great series of shots! Love the lines and shapes.

thrice

Thanks Matt, digging the architectural black & whites too my friend.

Thankyou Charles and David. Those shots have a definite IR look about them David, and I like it :)

m_driscoll

Thanks again Lloyd and Steve :D
One more before I go to bed, this one is a 20 image stitch with the 75mm Summicron:

Love that M9 shadow latitude!
Daniel: Love the colors and pp in this one. Outstanding! :thumbup:

Not only an excellent photographer, but possessed of a great eye for interesting architecture as well! :D
How True!
Great series, Matt, especially this one. Superbly seen, composed, and processed.
...Matt, great series of shots! Love the lines and shapes.
Lloyd/Steve/David/Charles: Thanks! :D Charles inspired me to look up. Cheers, Matt.