The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

A super set, Matt. This one really shows off the resolving power of the 24 lux. Great processing with nice deep blacks.
Two more from New York. Both with the 24 lux.
David:
Thanks! Terrific lens, as you know. :D
Central Park wasn't much of a guess, since we were both there recently. You clearly had more time. We drove up from DC on Friday morning and returned to DC on Sat. afternoon. I don't have any photos of the New Jersey Turnpike.
Beautiful photo of the detail on this building! Lots to see, and photograph, in NYC. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Peter Klein

Wow, the stuff that's appeared in this new thread is just spectacular. Big applause to everyone, as Charles Foster Kane demonstrates above.

I'm still going through the almost 1200 images I took in Israel. Here are three of the latest, from the town of Tzfat (also sometimes spelled Sefod or Zefod or similar). The old town in Tzfat looks much like it did in the 1500s, when Rabbi Joseph Caro wrote the "Shulchan Aruch" (a major compilation of Jewish Law and commentary) there. It still hosts a prominent Orthodox Jewish community, an artists colony, and is a center for the study of Kaballah (Jewish mysticism).

This is Alon, who is a painter and photographer. He knew what a Leica was, and even asked to take a picture of me with it after I photographed him:

This is Yaakov, who is originally from France. He, like Alon, recognized my Leica. He told me about the photo to the right of his head, where he went into the desert, took a photo of himself with a self-timer, and then used some pretty modern digital techniques to get the B&W effect he wanted.

And this gentleman was making pan bread for the lunch crowd.

Enjoy!
--Peter

CharlesK

Two more from New York. Both with the 24 lux.

David, great shots!!!

A few of Times Square at night. Cheers, Matt
2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/13; ISO 160

Matt, amazing shots!!! Love the 24 Lux... I think my budget is now stretched to the max with 3 Lux's :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/5230489785/

--Peter
Peter, great shots with an amazing story!!! Sometimes I think this is what the M series excel best at ... being there without intruding :D

Peter Klein

Here's a color version of the gentleman making pan bread (a couple of posts above). Interesting how a B&W and color version of the same photo can be about two different things--note the red pans and the tomatoes...

--Peter

m_driscoll

Wow, the stuff that's appeared in this new thread is just spectacular. Big applause to everyone, as Charles Foster Kane demonstrates above.

I'm still going through the almost 1200 images I took in Israel. Here are three of the latest, from the town of Tzfat (also sometimes spelled Sefod or Zefod or similar). The old town in Tzfat looks much like it did in the 1500s, when Rabbi Joseph Caro wrote the "Shulchan Aruch" (a major compilation of Jewish Law and commentary) there. It still hosts a prominent Orthodox Jewish community, an artists colony, and is a center for the study of Kaballah (Jewish mysticism).

This is Alon, who is a painter and photographer. He knew what a Leica was, and even asked to take a picture of me with it after I photographed him:

This is Yaakov, who is originally from France. He, like Alon, recognized my Leica. He told me about the photo to the right of his head, where he went into the desert, took a photo of himself with a self-timer, and then used some pretty modern digital techniques to get the B&W effect he wanted.

Enjoy!
--Peter
Peter: Great photos. Excellent B & W. And, thanks for the narrative. It creates an interesting context. Usually, i'd pick one, but I don't want to insult Alon, Yaakov, or the Baker. Too uncool. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Happy Holidays from Seattle!​
Al: Great ornament! Happy Holidays...also, from Seattle. :thumbup:

Matt, amazing shots!!! Love the 24 Lux... I think my budget is now stretched to the max with 3 Lux's :D
Charles: Thank you vey much! :D I know what you mean. I've got three and one on order! :cry:

Here's a color version of the gentleman making pan bread (a couple of posts above). Interesting how a B&W and color version of the same photo can be about two different things--note the red pans and the tomatoes...

--Peter
Peter: The color one's exceptional! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

1. Times Square; 2. The Dakota, NYC; 3. Upper Times square; 4. Lower Times Square. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/350s @ f/1.7; +1 EV; ISO 80

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/1.7; ISO 80

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; +1 EV; ISO 80

2. M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/3.4; ISO 160

CharlesK

Matt, amazing shots!!! The rendering is awesome :D

Peter Klein, the colour version is great! It is add so much more to the location :)

Shots from this afternoon at Elephant Rock, at Currumbin Beach, with 28 Elmarit and M9 :)

shtarka1

--Peter
Amazing series!

shtarka1

Matt, amazing shots!!! The rendering is awesome :D

Peter Klein, the colour version is great! It is add so much more to the location :)

Shots from this afternoon at Elephant Rock, at Currumbin Beach, with 28 Elmarit and M9 :)

Spectacular! Wow!:salute: