The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

dannh

Not a whole lot to shoot on a rainy day. Spent the extra time playing around with SilverEfexPro.

Lloyd

Thankyou Steve, and thankyou ceh :)

All part of trying to finish my course by December 31st deadline! Still have to do a 'glamour' shoot and some photojournalism work... Not really my element but oh well.

Here's one more from today. I should add the two shots in the park had fill from a single strobe off a reflective umbrella, the backdrop shot had main light from a softbox to our left and fill from an umbrella behind right of the camera. This shot is lit by natural light and a gold reflector.

I *think* it was with the ZM C-Sonnar, I have to code my 35/1.2 because having a manual selection in the menu leads me to have every lens corrected as though it were a pre-asph summilux (I forget to switch back to auto), not a good thing.

P.s. Does anyone know if there is a 6-bit code for a pre-asph 35mm Summilux? If so, please share :)
This is a wonderful portrait, Daniel. I liked the three above as well (the middle one best), but this is special.

Glad you found your answer on the coding. I looked in the couple of places I know of that list codes, and came up empty.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The white bed sheet was killing me, my eye went right for it. I took liberties here. Hope you don't mind :)

CharlesK

Steve (sjg)... Thanks a lot :)

Gorgeous Set Daniel!
+2

Daniel, great set of portrait shots :) Love the lighting. Just shows how the M9 can perform with great lighting and in the right hands :D

From Rockefeller Center using the 24 lux

David, great perspective :)

Ceh, excellent composition and shot :)

all M8 & 50lux pre-asph v1
Steve, very nice shots :)

Woody, excellent shot! Love the perspective and angle to the shot.

thrice

Woody, people can't help but get in shots with the 12mm :D I really like your shots with that lens.

Thank-you Charles - I've really enjoyed your shots of the coast and the surfers, your warm b/w toning is great for those scenes.

Thanks to you Lloyd, I really liked that one as well, lucky first shot of the day!

Guy, greatly appreciated, I agree wholeheartedly and am annoyed I didn't pick it up myself! I will fix right away - so don't be surprised if the imaged linked to in my post changes and your reply looks slightly out of place - sorry 'bout that.

Steve, love that shot! The kid in the leaves with his feet poking out is great :D

Lloyd

Ok, so I'm now hopelessly behind on my commenting on images. There have been so many great ones posted today, I wouldn't know were to start. So, hoping I don't miss anyone, David, Steve (sjg), Matt, Peter, Al, CEH, Charles, dannh, Mohammed, Daniel, Woody, Steve. You're all posting amazing images. The level of talent and creativity here never ceases to amaze me. Thank you for the ongoing inspiration.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Two possible images to post for today. If anyone has any preference it would be very helpful. In the garden with M9 + 24mm lux at f1.4 and a .9 nd filter.

m_driscoll

Matt, amazing shots!!! The rendering is awesome :D
Shots from this afternoon at Elephant Rock, at Currumbin Beach, with 28 Elmarit and M9 :)
Charles: Thank you, sir! :D All great, but, i esp. like this one. It takes you back to being a kid. Great scale to all of the elements in the photo. :thumbup:

M9 - 35mm lux ASPH

Frame - old Kuwaiti house
Mohammed: Excellent composition. Beautiful tone. :thumbup:

Truly Enjoying This Superb Series Matt!
Steve: Thank you, my friend! :D

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Two possible images to post for today. If anyone has any preference it would be very helpful. In the garden with M9 + 24mm lux at f1.4 and a .9 nd filter.

Really like both, Woody, and usually I'm a sucker for the grass, wheat, leaves, etc., but if forced to choose, I'd take the first. Especially when considering that this was shot with a 24mm lens. Really stunning.

sjg284

OK now I'm done for the weekend.. just this once more.

M8 & 35cron v3

This is how we cross a street in NY

m_driscoll

"Pain"

M9, 90 Cron asph
Steve, great shot! You can feel the pain within. Timely shot to have empathy for those in need during the Christmas period :)
Steve: Charles says it very well. Sometimes, I don't see beyond the aesthetics of the photo.

Thank you for your comments on my photos - very appreciate it..:)
Ceh: Well studied, simple, elegant shadows and neat rhythm.

All wide open (except the cron at 2.8 I think)
35/1.2 Nokton
50/1.5 C-Sonnar

75/2.0 Summicron (@2.8)
Thankyou Steve, and thankyou ceh :)
All part of trying to finish my course by December 31st deadline! Still have to do a 'glamour' shoot and some photojournalism work... Not really my element but oh well.
Here's one more from today. I should add the two shots in the park had fill from a single strobe off a reflective umbrella, the backdrop shot had main light from a softbox to our left and fill from an umbrella behind right of the camera. This shot is lit by natural light and a gold reflector.

I *think* it was with the ZM C-Sonnar, I have to code my 35/1.2 because having a manual selection in the menu leads me to have every lens corrected as though it were a pre-asph summilux (I forget to switch back to auto), not a good thing.

P.s. Does anyone know if there is a 6-bit code for a pre-asph 35mm Summilux? If so, please share :)
Daniel: Looks to me that you're right in your element. Beautiful portraits. Great lighting and skin tone. I love these two. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com