The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

RF_Licks

Nice shots from past few pages everyone, Charles (excellent B&W & surfer pics), Matt (24/1.4 put to good use in crowded NYC), Jason (love the rendering on the older Crons), ceh (masterclass in street composition and S2 envy!), sig (congrats on your new lens, love that X'mas tree), Steve (great shots from the hood), Dan (very nice 35/1.2 portrait shots!) and all the rest of you! Sorry if I missed a few names, having a hard time catching up with you all!

Also, thanks all for your comments to my earlier post.

Sadly, I will be without my M9 for at least 2 weeks. The camera suddenly died on me yesterday and I had to send it back to Leica NJ today :( Hopefully it comes back soon.

I'll post a few older pics till the M9 returns.

Joe :)

35CronIV

Last edited:

m_driscoll

This really has been an impressive series. Good stuff. As for these specific images, I really like the first two in the b/w version, but now that I see them in color, I'm doubly impressed. Really impressed. :bugeyes: I like them much better. And the subtlety of the light in the second one is incredible.
Boymerang, great series of shots! Beautiful rendering just adds to the atmosphere. :)

Matt, great shots in amazing colours! I don't know why we so often post in B&W, when colour versions add so much more :)
Great Color,Set & Self!:)
Lloyd/Charles/Ceh/Steve: Thank you all! :D:D:D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Ceh: Beautiful fall color. I like the framing with the trunk at left and the leading lines in this first one. :D

Well, I figure there's not better way to figure out this M8 and 40 1.4 than to go out and use it on a job. Yep, lens showed up Friday, went out and used it Saturday morning.

I shot an event for a local charity's holiday party at Dave and Buster's which is an arcade restaurant. I had my usual kit (D3, D700, 70-200, 28-70) but also had my new to me M8 and 40 1.4. JUST WOW! ISO 1250 looked better than ISO 4000 on my D3 with the same light. Now the M8 shots... It was DARK in there as you can see from the second pic. All of these were available light, or lack there of ;-)

PS- Sorry about the size! Forgot to resize these!
Jason: Awesome! Now you see the light. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Sadly, I will be without my M9 for at least 2 weeks. The camera suddenly died on me yesterday and I had to send it back to Leica NJ today :( Hopefully it comes back soon.

35CronIV

Hope you get it back soon, Joe.

Nice image, as is the one of the school kids.

m_driscoll

BishopB

Wow, the stuff that's appeared in this new thread is just spectacular. Big applause to everyone, as Charles Foster Kane demonstrates above.

I'm still going through the almost 1200 images I took in Israel. Here are three of the latest, from the town of Tzfat (also sometimes spelled Sefod or Zefod or similar). The old town in Tzfat looks much like it did in the 1500s, when Rabbi Joseph Caro wrote the "Shulchan Aruch" (a major compilation of Jewish Law and commentary) there. It still hosts a prominent Orthodox Jewish community, an artists colony, and is a center for the study of Kaballah (Jewish mysticism).

This is Alon, who is a painter and photographer. He knew what a Leica was, and even asked to take a picture of me with it after I photographed him:

This is Yaakov, who is originally from France. He, like Alon, recognized my Leica. He told me about the photo to the right of his head, where he went into the desert, took a photo of himself with a self-timer, and then used some pretty modern digital techniques to get the B&W effect he wanted.

And this gentleman was making pan bread for the lunch crowd.

Enjoy!
--Peter
Nice series, Peter!

m_driscoll

Nice shots from past few pages everyone, Charles (excellent B&W & surfer pics), Matt (24/1.4 put to good use in crowded NYC), Jason (love the rendering on the older Crons), ceh (masterclass in street composition and S2 envy!), sig (congrats on your new lens, love that X'mas tree), Steve (great shots from the hood), Dan (very nice 35/1.2 portrait shots!) and all the rest of you! Sorry if I missed a few names, having a hard time catching up with you all!

35CronIV

Hope you get it back soon, Joe.

Nice image, as is the one of the school kids.
Joe: +1! Well done.

m_driscoll

More NYC! Last one's a two photo stitch in CS5, just for giggles. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/3.4; ISO 160

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/2; ISO 160

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/2.8; ISO 160

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/3000s @ f/2; ISO 160