The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

More shots of Manhattan buildings using the 24 lux.

I'll keep shooting them till I get it right. :)

DavidE

Thanks Lloyd.

It has been fun going through these. I'm trying to use the processing to bring different elements to the surface.

Here are a couple more. Both with the 24 lux.

Nicely done, Jason. What was your ISO there?
Thanks, Lloyd.

Got sweet Meesers there at an ISO of 1250, f1.4 1/10th. Conversion to Pan-F in Silver EFX Pro.

Gotta say after reading all the complaints, I have nothing but good things to say about the low light abilities of the M8. Now to get my low light focus skills up to snuff and I've got a covert sniper here!!

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd.

Got sweet Meesers there at an ISO of 1250, f1.4 1/10th. Conversion to Pan-F in Silver EFX Pro.

Gotta say after reading all the complaints, I have nothing but good things to say about the low light abilities of the M8. Now to get my low light focus skills up to snuff and I've got a covert sniper here!!
Hi Jason,

That's impressive for 1250. I've shot at that ISO a few times, and when the exposure is good, the results seem to be as well. If I'm underexposed, not so much.

I like your Red Line image. Excellent panning technique, and a very interesting image.

I've noticed that if you nail the exposure, it really helps. I need to learn about the M8's metering, but it's very impressive. By habit I've dug into exposure comp how I would on my Nikon and found it unnecessary after the fact.

Always learnin'

m_driscoll

More shots of Manhattan buildings using the 24 lux.
I'll keep shooting them till I get it right. :)

Thanks Lloyd.
It has been fun going through these. I'm trying to use the processing to bring different elements to the surface.
Here are a couple more. Both with the 24 lux.

One more. The 24 lux again.
David: Nicely done! It's fun to see a series of them with different pp.

Here's my take (IMHO):
1. Probably my favorite. Bases of the buildings are hard to deal with: show them or darken them? This strikes a nice balance between the detail, building and the sky. Although, I can't really see the base unless I scroll on this laptop. 2. Not enough building; too much sky. 3. Upper story fenestration is kind of vague. the reflections are nice, but faint. Nice buildings (two on right). 4. My eye is drawn too much to the lower left. 5. Pretty nice.

I also have trouble dealing with buildings that i don't like (non-descript cookie cutter modern) and the compositional/graphic quality of the photo (personal problem).

Time for my meds. As always, thanks for sharing. I'm learning a lot from your photos.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Who says the M8 isn't good in low light? iMac is the light source for Miso here...
I caught Frosty day drinking... he is overserved at this point...
and the sweet Sesame...
Red Line to the loop
Jason: Well done! Leicaesque! Great B & W's. Are you shooting raw or are these in-camera? +1 for what Lloyd said about the Redline. Sweet image. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com