The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

jonoslack

Phew - so many good shots - seems like it's snowing over there!

Here are a couple from our boxing night party taken with the 75 'cron at f2

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
All Very Nice Jono! Very interesting to see the OOF areas with the 75 'Cron are very similar in rendering to the 35mm 'Lux wide open. Save for the obvious focal length difference, that last shot with the 75 'Cron of the girl could have been in with the batch shot with the 35mm, from looking at them.

That and the size & weight differences were two of the things that went into my own needs evaluation deciding on the 75 'Cron over the 'Lux. The 75 'Lux has a whole different look, where the 'Cron really blends in nicely with the wider, faster brother lenses in the Leica series when you get the photos all together in the same collection. For a professional selling my images, that may be more important to me than to most others, as it is what my clients want. Everything has to work together in a campaign.

Jono, I am seeing a second M and what looks to be a Phase MF in these images of yours. Your "Boxing Nights" look more like Camera Conventions over there!!

m_driscoll

m_driscoll

Ceh: Again, very nice lines, perspective and wet paving. :thumbup:

My bones are chilled. LOVELY pics!!!
Retow: +1, :thumbup:
I hang out with musicians, which makes for some great holiday parties!
And the band played on...
Jammin'

Lullabye?
M8, 35 Lux Asph v.1 wide open. Enjoy, hope you all had a happy and a merry!
--Peter
Peter: Seriously fun. Great captures. This is a very cool moment. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

more fun last night
m8 & 50lux v1

Steve: Excellent! enjoy yourself in the snow and stay safe. :thumbup:

. . .. and here's some with the 35 'lux II

All shot at f1.4
Jono: A photography fest. These two of your son(?) are esp. nice. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

ashwinrao1

Lovely series, Jono. The 35 lux II and 75 cron do pair quite well here! I love how you have captured the moment, almost unnoticed and completely in the flow of the Boxing Night Party. It's all quite natural, and a credit to you and your skills!

SYGTAFOTO

My family had gone over to my Aunt's place for the christmas holidays and my 20 month old son decided to climb on the piano bench and started playing.
Took a few quick snaps and this is the result.

Happy Holidays. :)

M8
CV 15mm
C&C is always appreciated.

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Lot's to do during the holidays. Same to you and your family, sir!
Leif: A belated Merry Christmas to you and your's.
Corlan! Merry Christmas.
Jorgen: Terrific image! Times Square in Saigon...oops, Ho Chi Minh City.
Rayyan/Ayesha: Seasons greetings to the Prince of the Desert and the Queen of the Mountains. Please keep enthralling us with your photos and adventures.
Leif/Steen: The Inuit (Eskimos) have hundreds of word for snow (actually they don't; it's a myth; see this humorous take on it - http://www.mendosa.com/snow.html ). Should be at least four different words. Nice pics.
MHC: Neat!
Rayyan: Brilliant! Light, dark, shadows, color, silhouettes, direction.
Francesco-Ita: Welcome! Exquisite detail, foreground/background relationship, composition and color.

Cheers, Matt.

Mike Woods

Between the Eves, that sometimes stressful period between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve:

For some, it's an opportunity to take to the streets in new footwear...

...or practice with new toys...

For others, it's an opportunity to take things back to the shop that either don't work, or were never really wanted in the first place...

Some prefer to get back to work...

...whilst others queue for a bargain. I mean, what could be better than a grand saucepan sale...

And despite the indulgences of Xmas, some people are never satisfied...

For my own part, I try to unwind as much as possible...

...before escaping the crowds and heading back to the car...

Have a good New Year everyone.

Mike

jonoslack

All Very Nice Jono! Very interesting to see the OOF areas with the 75 'Cron are very similar in rendering to the 35mm 'Lux wide open. Save for the obvious focal length difference, that last shot with the 75 'Cron of the girl could have been in with the batch shot with the 35mm, from looking at them.

That and the size & weight differences were two of the things that went into my own needs evaluation deciding on the 75 'Cron over the 'Lux. The 75 'Lux has a whole different look, where the 'Cron really blends in nicely with the wider, faster brother lenses in the Leica series when you get the photos all together in the same collection. For a professional selling my images, that may be more important to me than to most others, as it is what my clients want. Everything has to work together in a campaign.
Hi Chuck - I've decided to go for the 'new' leica look as well (the similarity of drawing makes sense to me as well). I'd quite like to complete the set with the nocti and one of the wide luxes as well - still considering this!

Jono, I am seeing a second M and what looks to be a Phase MF in these images of yours. Your "Boxing Nights" look more like Camera Conventions over there!!
I've always had two M's - usually I'll have a 28 on one and a 50 on the other, or a 35 on one and a 75 on the other - makes life so much easier. What might look like a phase MF is actually a little Sony A55 - nice little camera.

shtarka1

Between the Eves, that sometimes stressful period between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve:

For some, it's an opportunity to take to the streets in new footwear...

...before escaping the crowds and heading back to the car...

Have a good New Year everyone.

Mike
Superb Street Mike! Top 2 for me are...:)