The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

+1 :)
That light is pure magic. Great shot!
Ok...Some more...

M9, 21 Lux
More good stuff, Steve. And that guy really does look like Hagrid from Harry Potter.

Down in the woods today, M8/50 'cron. I could almost hear banjos in the distance :eek:

Regards

Mike
Good thing you didn't have to "squeal like a pig"!! :D

I spent the holidays in Hawaii but it rained a lot, so I took a lot of cloud photos. Both with 35mm Summicron.

Sunrise, December 30, 2010 (still jetlagged and waking up too early) After the skies brightened and the soft colors faded, I went indoors and cleaned the sensor.

Sunset, December 24, 2010. Another rainy day, but towards the evening, the rain stopped briefly as the skies lit up like a giant golden softbox:
Very nice skies. Sorry about all the rain... been there a number of times, and never had more than a couple of hours of rain. (Well, except in Hilo, and there we never had a day that wasn't raining at least some of the time.)

Well that didn't work...

Great set, Jason. You just keep getting better with that M8!

Lloyd

Impressive place, and terrific shots, Jim. Love your processing here.

Just saw Jack's take on the MF thread. Looks like you guys had a great day.

JimCollum

Impressive place, and terrific shots, Jim. Love your processing here.

Just saw Jack's take on the MF thread. Looks like you guys had a great day.
thanks!

i always find it interesting to look at work taken by different people in the same place at the same time. For the most part, it does go to show how little a role the camera has in it, how how much each individual's interpretation plays the biggest role.

Lloyd

thanks!

i always find it interesting to look at work taken by different people in the same place at the same time. For the most part, it does go to show how little a role the camera has in it, how how much each individual's interpretation plays the biggest role.
I totally agree. I love to go shot a place or subject with a couple (or several) other photographers and see what everyone comes up with. I'm always amazed at the variations on a seemingly simple scene.

I'm really enjoying seeing you shoot the M9. I'm a fan of your MF, and maybe even more, your LF work (especially with the vintage lenses). I see hints of that influence in what you're posting here. Love it! :thumbup:

JimCollum

I totally agree. I love to go shot a place or subject with a couple (or several) other photographers and see what everyone comes up with. I'm always amazed at the variations on a seemingly simple scene.

I'm really enjoying seeing you shoot the M9. I'm a fan of your MF, and maybe even more, your LF work (especially with the vintage lenses). I see hints of that influence in what you're posting here. Love it! :thumbup:
thank you again Lloyd. I find that whatever camera i'm using.. i tend to migrate towards older 'flawed' lenses. For me the new glass just seems too 'clean' All of the Leica glass I have is earlier preasph.. and i usually enjoy shooting it at it's worst (wide open)

m_driscoll

Ceh: Very interesting, precise, "layering. Great light on the leaves. :thumbup:
Steve: More great museum photos! #4 with the image within the image does some tricks with the eye and subject. #5's is an excellent composition. Very cool. :thumbup:
Mike: Great vignetting! Just keep moving. :thumbup:
4Season: Nicely captured skies. :salute:
Jason: Cool set. I really like the colors in the first one and the fact that you didn't mention the Bears - Seahawks game. :thumbs:
Joe: Neat composition!
Jim: Outstanding set of photos from the Gladding McBean plant. Great tone. My favorite's the one with the Americanized Corinthian Order Capital (sort of?) variation. Looks like an eagle was thrown in? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Mimi and I went this afternoon to visit a friend who's in the hospital (more about that later), when we came out, we were greeted by this:

M8, 90 Elmarit (four shots handheld, stitched in PS5):

Lloyd

Our dear, dear friend Stephanie. We've known Steph and her family for many years. She and her husband are also avid triathletes, and she competes in Mimi's age group. On December 27th, she underwent a surgical procedure, and was to have a one-night stay in the hospital. Didn't quite go as planned, unfortunately! She's now had three surgeries, has been on a liquid diet, and can now eat an occasional soda cracker or some chicken broth. She was released a couple of days ago, but is now back again with blood clots in her lungs. She's down to nearly 90 pounds (from her usual 115), is very weak. Her husband has been there night and day, sleeping in her room. It's been a nightmare, but she's been a trooper.

M8, CV 50 Nokton @ f2:

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Mimi and I went this afternoon to visit a friend who's in the hospital (more about that later), when we came out, we were greeted by this:

M8, 90 Elmarit (four shots handheld, stitched in PS5):
Our dear, dear friend Stephanie. We've known her and her family for many years. She and her husband are also avid triathletes, and she competes in Mimi's age group. On December 27th, she underwent a surgical procedure, and was to have a one-night stay in the hospital. Didn't go quite as planned, unfortunately! She's now had three surgeries, has been on a liquid diet, and can now eat an occasional soda cracker or some chicken broth. She was released a couple of days ago, but is now back again with blood clots in her lungs. She's down to nearly 90 pounds (from her usual 115), is very weak. Her husband has been there night and day, sleeping in her room. It's been a nightmare, but she's been a trooper.

M8, CV 50 Nokton @ f2:

Lloyd: Beautiful sunset. Great stitch. :salute:

Your empathy really comes through in those two wonderful portraits! Hope your friend gets well. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Matt..... Great stuff! Love that 75 'Cron. There were lots of reports of birds falling from the sky here in Chicago Sunday :ROTFL:

This M stuff is gonna get expensive!!

Lloyd... truly hoping the best for your friend. Very nice impromptu portrait and a heckofa view from your back porch. I'll take a shot off mine for you to enjoy :cool: And thanks so much for the compliment. I've shot it every day that I've had it, and I know there's lots to learn. Need to work on better PP work as well. Any Aperture people out there have any tricks to share?

Jim... what a fun opportunity and you really made the best of it! Solid work!

Steve... LOVE your entire museum series! Excellent!

Great work all around here!