The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

In an effort to answer my own question in the just-posted thread re alternate telephoto lenses, I took this recent 135 mm Apo Telyt image and cropped it to less than one sixth of the original.(One third of width, one half of height.) This would be equivalent of about 400 mm if it were full frame. Of course I'll have to print it to see how large it can actually go.

Misha, f11 to keep the nose and ears within dof. ISO 320.

Interesting experiment, and wonderful result. I would be interested in how the a large print works out.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Winter commute! Not mine, fortunately.

Still getting used to the rangefinder. This is a crop from an attempt at urban composition with the 24 Elmarit. In the end, the only thing interesting was the object that first attracted my attention.

How do I get away from that? I don't see pictures. I see things. I would like to see pictures.

I know, practice! :deadhorse:

Here's the uncropped color version. I tried to do something with the line of posts across the street and the snow covered boxes.

Don't you just hate it when your equipment performs flawlessly? It leaves nothing else to blame...:rolleyes:

Matt

Mike Woods

Winter commute! Not

Here's the uncropped color version. I tried to do something with the line of posts across the street and the snow covered boxes.
http://gallery.me.com/mgrayson3/100093/L1000433_2/web.jpg?ver=

Matt[/QUOTE]

Well if it helps, I prefer the uncropped version - that probably doesn't help :D

Mike

DavidE

Fun and very interesting to have these three posted so close to the same time. Each an image that suggests a story, and which leaves me wanting to know more. Nice work all. :salute:
Stupendous!
Ahhh, just realised the sign was from David......:) :)
Love the contrast, sharpness, and perspective
David: Great viewpoint with that lens! Beautiful photos. Your photos of Vegas are transcendent. I think your familiarity gets you beyond the strip and the crap that most see (at least what I see). Thank you. :thumbup::salute:
David: "Chinese Food" - a very cool "street" shot. :thumbup:
Thanks Lloyd, Steve, Dan, Steve, and Matt.

I wasn’t sure I could get any decent pictures from Vegas (since I travel there so often), so it’s good to know that these turned out well.

DavidE

I've shot these City Center stairs a bunch of times over the past year, but this is the strangest one of all. Looks like a screenshot from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Used the 16mm setting on the WATE.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I've shot these City Center stairs a bunch of times over the past year, but this is the strangest one of all. Looks like a screenshot from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Used the 16mm setting on the WATE.

That's what I thought before I read your comment! Brilliant shot and processing!

Matt

m_driscoll

Winter commute! Not mine, fortunately.

Still getting used to the rangefinder. This is a crop from an attempt at urban composition with the 24 Elmarit. In the end, the only thing interesting was the object that first attracted my attention.

How do I get away from that? I don't see pictures. I see things. I would like to see pictures.

I know, practice! :deadhorse:

Don't you just hate it when your equipment performs flawlessly? It leaves nothing else to blame...:rolleyes:

Matt
Well if it helps, I prefer the uncropped version - that probably doesn't help :D

Mike
Matt: Both work for me. Two different intentions. That's the beauty of the M9...if, you crop. Of course, I don't. :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

thrice

A quick post before the carpets get washed and I have to leave my computers *sigh*
All 50mm C-Sonnar! Either wide open or f/8,11 or 16

CharlesK

Superb shots everyone! Again hard time keeping up :) If I left anyone out it is purely an oversight!

Jason: Nice shots :)
BillN: Nice set. I really the style of your shots.
Dan: Love the simplicity in the composition of your shot.
David: Superb shots!!! Love the angle and eye to everyone of your shots!
Lloyd: Love the shot on the beach! Great feeling to it :thumbup:

Ceh: Excellent series of shots! Love the compositions and elegance to your captures.

Woody: Superb set of shots. Love the relationship with light and dark.

Bill: Very nice tele portrait of Misha!
Matt: Excellent shot!!! Great capture and timing. Love that rendering with 50 Lux :D
Daniel: Superb set of shots!!!

jonoslack

HI There Charles - and everyone else
I seem to be back on line -for a while at least!

Some shots from this afternoon, with horses in Innisplains!
All with the 75 Lux and the M9 :)

Love all of them, but these three are my favorite.

Daniel - the train tracks really are the business.

Bill - the Misha shot is wonderful - cropping is something one always needs to keep in mind, with these splendid lenses and no AA filter it's remarkable how far one can go.

Matt - I tihnk I like the cropped bike best - but both work for me - remarkable that the bike is so snowed up - but nothing else is.

David - I like the stairs - great contrast and 'snap' isn't the WATE a beauty on the M9

Woody - your third avenue shot is great - one of my favorites of yours, real class - you need a big staircase so's you can do a huge print of it.