The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Very Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

jonoslack

Just a little warning.
Don't visit the Leica shop at Solms - I was working in Germany, so I made a little visit, and I had a little accident!

It really is mighty good fun - although we aren't really having the sort of weather to take advantage.

jonoslack

Hi There
The Sugar beet are frozen in the ground - this means that in addition to a tendency to rot, they also cause real problems with the harvester.

A bank can be convenient

but it's still a mucky job

Nigel Stimpson at work.

All taken with the Noctilux,

all the best

Lloyd

Just a little warning.
Don't visit the Leica shop at Solms - I was working in Germany, so I made a little visit, and I had a little accident!

It really is mighty good fun - although we aren't really having the sort of weather to take advantage.
Congrats, Jono. I'm afraid that if I went to Solms and came home with one of those, the "accident" I'd have would be administered by my wife when I got home. :eek:

jonoslack

Congrats, Jono. I'm afraid that if I went to Solms and came home with one of those, the "accident" I'd have would be administered by my wife when I got home. :eek:
Ah well - perhaps it wasn't quite that impulsive (you must remember that I had been considering an S2 - after which a Noctilux seems like a mere bagatelle :ROTFL:)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Jono,

Do you really think the Nocti will protect you from an S2? Worked for me. Getting an M9 and some lenses means i never think about MFDBs, or Alpa, or Pentax 645D, or Leica S2. Nope. Never. Not for a second.
:ROTFL:

Nice to see your posts as always,

Matt

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Wow - what a great display of talent in the last day or so!

Both Matts, Charles, Jono, Woody, Davis and Daniel - not a single loser in this collection. You're all inspiring,

Bill

Lloyd

Winter commute! Not mine, fortunately.

Still getting used to the rangefinder. This is a crop from an attempt at urban composition with the 24 Elmarit. In the end, the only thing interesting was the object that first attracted my attention.

How do I get away from that? I don't see pictures. I see things. I would like to see pictures.

I know, practice! :deadhorse:

Don't you just hate it when your equipment performs flawlessly? It leaves nothing else to blame...:rolleyes:

Matt
I like both images, Matt. Each has it's on unique appeal. Looks to me like you and the rangefinder are getting along just fine.

I've shot these City Center stairs a bunch of times over the past year, but this is the strangest one of all. Looks like a screenshot from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Used the 16mm setting on the WATE.
Very interesting image, David. Lots of lines and angles, and that shadows add to the effect. Nicely seen.

From today. Will go up on my blog in a few days. Third Avenue in remarkable light. M9 + 90mm elmarit. four frames stitched in PS.
Woody, this one leaves me speechless. :bugeyes: Might be my favorite image ever on this thread (and that's saying something!). Should be printed and displayed large. Great work, counsellor.

A quick post before the carpets get washed and I have to leave my computers *sigh*
All 50mm C-Sonnar! Either wide open or f/8,11 or 16
Wonderful work, Daniel. Hope the carpets turned out. :D

Nice catch, Matt. The price of vanity, eh?:thumbup:

Some shots from this afternoon, with horses in Innisplains!
All with the 75 Lux and the M9 :)
Some really wonderful images, Charles. You're working magic with that 75 Cron!

Hi There
The Sugar beet are frozen in the ground - this means that in addition to a tendency to rot, they also cause real problems with the harvester.

A bank can be convenient

but it's still a mucky job

Nigel Stimpson at work.

All taken with the Noctilux,

all the best
These, and the others you posted are very nice, Jono. Gonna be tough to up the ante when the weather cooperates... looking forward to that as well.

jonoslack

PS I've had a few accidents like yours over the years, Jono. The secret is keeping the injury secret from those who might be closet to you....
Bill
Closet to me? Do you mean closest? :ROTFL:

Truth is that Emma has also been the accountant these 25 years, so concealment is not an option. Careful tradeoffs is how it goes. But Leica lenses can (almost) be considered as an investment :ROTFL:

Lloyd

Closet to me? Do you mean closest? :ROTFL:

Truth is that Emma has also been the accountant these 25 years, so concealment is not an option. Careful tradeoffs is how it goes. But Leica lenses can (almost) be considered as an investment :ROTFL:
Emma's the accountant, eh. So, I guess your wireless works from the doghouse? :ROTFL: Even at 1:15 in the am.

jonoslack

Jono,

Do you really think the Nocti will protect you from an S2? Worked for me. Getting an M9 and some lenses means i never think about MFDBs, or Alpa, or Pentax 645D, or Leica S2. Nope. Never. Not for a second.
:ROTFL:

Nice to see your posts as always,

Matt
Hi Matt
Well, I got clearance from the management to buy an S2 and lenses. But much to the management's amazement I decided that it was unlikely to improve my photography. So the Noctilux isn't so much displacement activity as a consolation prize.